Mount Isa

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning all. My wife loves fossicking and getting into gold finding would be fun for her. Looking at buying her an entry level detector this year for her birthday.

Welcome, I'm pretty keen to buy a gold detector 'for my wife' too. Got an equinox 800 but it is very frustrating to use in gold mode. I'm leaning towards the gold monster from minelab as the price is the best of the gold detectors that I have seen evidence of them working well in mineralized ground. Good luck and have fun with whatever you swing.

Jaros said:
Welcome Jonesy. What sort of detector are you getting the Mrs?

Honestly mate I wouldnt have a clue. I found the forum this morning and was reading through all the info. Seems the options are endless if money isnt an option :)

It would only be used once or twice a month and only around Mount Isa but I really need to read up on the hows and whys of them.

Id be happy for any suggestions mate. She keeps looking at three that BCF sell.

Dave79 said:
Welcome, I'm pretty keen to buy a gold detector 'for my wife' too. Got an equinox 800 but it is very frustrating to use in gold mode. I'm leaning towards the gold monster from minelab as the price is the best of the gold detectors that I have seen evidence of them working well in mineralized ground. Good luck and have fun with whatever you swing.

Thanks Dave. I wont have a look at the one your using ;) since I want to look for gold and if yours is difficult Ill stay away from it.

Welcome to the mad house

Mate if you arel going to buy a detector that is simple to use
get a minelab SDC 2300 I got one for my wife
Very easy to use they are about $3300 they will find gold if you walk over it

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

hey newbie here from Mount Isa as well!
How did you go sorting out a machine. Im looking as well and too much choice not enough $$$$
Cheers

Latest posts