WA Paydirt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1531302320_6c9b148e-b26a-4b87-ac8a-7ee2088a57ff.jpg

My close friends have been detecting in WA for a couple of seasons now and doing ok. When theyve had a find and needed to cold chisel material out or theyve found reefy gold they picked up some of the fines and kept them in a small plastic bottle. Well they arrived in cairns the other day and when they got out of the car they presented the container to me as a gift. There is about a kilo of dirt in the container. I took out two tablespoons of the finer stuff the other day and did a very quick wash. What you can see is just under a gram after I sucked it up. I have spent about an hour and a half slowly panning and the gold just keeps appearing. So many little species and super fine flour gold that it will take me weeks to separate this properly. Im so great full for quality friends. It will take awhile but Ill show a photo or two through the process. :) :Y:

Makes me wonder if it would be worth purely targeting and processing detector hole overburden. Looks like some very rich material :Y:

So back in July I posted a photo of some pay dirt that my mate brought over from WA for me. I have been plugging away at it every now and then, crushing some small bits and panning and doing it again till Ive got close to the end. This is the result of a container not much bigger than a coke can. Im stoked.
1541396552_0f6e7eb1-ba10-452a-9972-533ef608c5a2.jpg

When he and his wife arrived here it didnt take long for us to find a reason to head bush for some R & R. This is the result of three days of very pleasant detecting. His lot was just short of 13 grams. My detector was a Minelab 4500 with a 14 inch Coiltek mono elite coil. He was using a 5000 with a 14x9 nugget finder evolution coil. While I found my coil a bit more of a challenge to pinpoint the very small bits, I think it was a little more sensitive where we were. All in all we were both really happy with our time in the scrub. Cheers Rick
1541396759_c899ec4b-66bb-4072-9720-1223b65ec171.jpg

Great pictures. Wow, for a small container of dirt, about a kilo, there was a lot of gold come from it. 15 odd grams if I read story right. Hell I would be camped there dry panning (presuming no water there) cause that seems extremely rich.
Well done and I hope you have thanked you very generous friends. :)

The dirt came from his discarded bits of rock when he was crushing to get a nugget out. I am extremely thankful. They are and have always been very generous people. :goldpan:

Latest posts