Koss UR30 headphones with X-terra 705

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has used the Koss UR30 headphones with the exterra 705.They look like a quality bit of gear for $95.Its my birthday soon and I am thinking of asking for a pair.

A lot of people don't like the supplied Koss UR-30 headphones so if you really want some put an ad up in the wanted section & you may get some cheaper. Most find the fit poor & others don't like the sound quality. For me I didn't like the fit mostly.
I remember seeing something about the Xterra being better with headphones at 32ohm? Not sure but when I've seen bundles on sale that include headphones they seem to have RPG 32ohm headphones- might be because of the ohms or maybe because they're cheaper?
If you can I'd try a few sets of different ohm headphones first. Get something that your happy with - sound, fit, quality/durability etc. $95 isn't cheap if you don't like them.
Headphones are a hard thing to recommend - what someone may find good sound & comfort wise may be completely unsuitable to someone else.

I don't know about the Koss headphones but I found the "deteknix" headphones sold by Nenad to be very good.
I've trouble with the fit and feel of headphones and earmuffs in the past and posed the question to Nenad could I buy them on the condition that if they didn't fit me or I hated the feel I could return them (undamaged and in the original packaging ) for a refund , the answer was a very quick yes, so I ordered a pair and the fit and feel are excellent .
Very good headphones
Very good service

32ohm RPG's as bundled with X Terras will be louder than the Koss UR30's.

More comfortable, too (in my opinion)

I use Koss headphones because they came with my detector. In my opinion you probably can't buy much worse for metal detecting. If you stand on them in the bush they will break, they are big and bulking and don't fit too well on the head and far too many moving parts.

I reckon the people who pick the headphones at Minelab have never been metal detecting.

Im probably the odd one out in that I actually dont mind the Koss phones. Ive got some gogs that I now use unless the boss lady comes along and she has to have them so I dont mind stepping back to the Koss ones. (Disclaimer , I do have a box head so they fit ok)

Bjay said:
Im probably the odd one out in that I actually dont mind the Koss phones. Ive got some gogs that I now use unless the boss lady comes along and she has to have them so I dont mind stepping back to the Koss ones. (Disclaimer , I do have a box head so they fit ok)

You're not the only one, I don't have a problem with them, they work fit on my head realistically I only use them in windy situations or in noisy areas.. most of the time I use external speaker....

Stru said:
Mate, if you cover postage Ill send you a set. Used but work fine.
Seems like some of you like them and some don't,I guess it comes down to what works for you and what doesn't.Very generous offer Stru,don't you use them anymore? I would be happy to cover postage mate. :Y:

Latest posts