Tasmaniacs Trash 'N Treasure.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the holiday florin spot was duly hammered the next day but this is all I turned up. The commonwealth penny had me going with a lump of crud stuck over the 5.
1548650051_rps20190128_152210.jpg

1550038278_rps20190213_170750.jpg

Got out for a while last weekend. Just a couple of crusty coppers and an early model lighter for my efforts. Struggled with lots of ironstone on the river bank and couldn't seem to pick up anything more than a couple of inches down. Back to the books and Google to find some easier sites to detect. :awful:

Been pretty busy lately but managed to get a few hours in at a couple of hammered sites (mostly by me) and managed to find a few bits I missed. Playing with recovery speed and iron balance seemed to be the best adjustments to find hidden targets but the lower the recovery speed the deeper holes you gotta dig.
1551422128_rps20190301_172913.jpg

Lost 2 wheels and a front diff, doing better than most though. Actually got an interesting story behind it, found it on an island that used to be an animal quarantine station and a friend of mine knew a guy that was born on the island a few years before the average age of the coins found so it was probably his toy car.

Lol, I found the exact same landrover detecting the other night, and it is also missing a wheel but still has the driver (Meccano Dinky 27D). Nice pick up on the trio of silvers. :Y:

Cheers for the ID. Nothing written on the old girl so I wasn't sure about the maker. The silvers were all from spots ive been over before so it shows that no spot is ever truly done.

1553232363_rps20190322_162342.jpg

Managed to rescue a couple of little late model silvers and a button by digging dozens of ring pulls and sinkers at possibly the junkiest beach in the area. I have cherry picked it a couple of times but the florins have dried up so now I'm doing yhe hard yards for these little fellas anf a few 20c pieces :(

Yeah Indi, just up the road. Gotta love beach mode on the equinox. Always something surfaces around spring tides when the sand moves around here Roy. All sorts of crap dumped on the beaches here eh Smokey, bit of a lottery! Cheers Macka, love it when one with all the details left emerges from the green crust of a beach silver.

Latest posts