Should I upgrade to a GPZ7000?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the Pro-Swing and control arm and it makes a huge difference to reduction and balance of weight. No more sore back and neck that I previously had. I had tried the standard harness and a hip stick with no joy. In fact I developed RSI in the back and neck from detecting. All fixed with the ProSwing and Control arm. Brilliant!

Redfin said:
A minelab harness properly set up, as per Jason's video above, does take all the weight off, but I found it very uncomfortable and a pita when digging.
The supports kept popping out.

I'd say you didn't have the J-Strut bolts wound out enough. Once I got mine all set up, I just araldited the 2 x j-strut pieces together.
I find it very comfortable.

PhaseTech said:
Redfin said:
A minelab harness properly set up, as per Jason's video above, does take all the weight off, but I found it very uncomfortable and a pita when digging.

I'd say you didn't have the J-Strut bolts wound out enough. Once I got mine all set up, I just araldited the 2 x j-strut pieces together.
Wait...It has a bolt?!!...Well bugger....I just whacked it together....I will check that thanks mate :)
I have had the same issue as Redfin, I hope this will solve it!

i kept using vhs tapes, holding out to the bitter end, what a knucklehead i was/am.
go with the best technology i can afford is my mantra.
:cool:

PhaseTech said:
Redfin said:

Gluing the struts together will save you loads of issues with the support coming apart and loosing the parts. I have also added a further support Hip stick.
https://outbackprospector.com.au/jo...metal-detecting-minelab/?src=prn#write_review

Add this to the Minelab gear and now I can detect longer without the back strain. It was a $55 well spent.

Cheers

Latest posts