A Veil Has Been Lifted

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I guess using a metal detector is a bit like learning to drive a car on your own :rolleyes: sometimes all the books and people telling how to do things just don't quite work untill you have a "eureka" moment, and I think I had that moment in the back yard today :lol:

I just happened to find a video by Gary that explained how to "slow down " or zoom out using the xy screen and his preferred setting

Why don't the books tell you all about this setting properly, instead of having lines bouncing all over the screen at a million miles an hour I now have an xy screen that I can see what is happening and almost instantly relate that to the tones the target is producing. I could even tell the difference between the coins, ring pulls and rusted caps in my test bed from the screen.

1 veil down, :Y: 6 to go

1530430482_10.jpg

I only just got an Equinox and have not detected in a long time, most blokes who have the experience probably happily pull them from the box and plug and play right away. Took me a few runs to get the hang of it. After todays session Im a lot more confident.
Still dug quite a few bottle caps and ring pulls though!
Might get another chance tomorrow arvo.

xcvator said:
I guess using a metal detector is a bit like learning to drive a car on your own :rolleyes: sometimes all the books and people telling how to do things just don't quite work untill you have a "eureka" moment, and I think I had that moment in the back yard today :lol:

I just happened to find a video by Gary that explained how to "slow down " or zoom out using the xy screen and his preferred setting

Why don't the books tell you all about this setting properly, instead of having lines bouncing all over the screen at a million miles an hour I now have an xy screen that I can see what is happening and almost instantly relate that to the tones the target is producing. I could even tell the difference between the coins, ring pulls and rusted caps in my test bed from the screen.

1 veil down, :Y: 6 to go

I like Gary's videos, he makes way more sense than the manual :Y: :)

That moment is what I have been promoting with the XP for 3 years Now.

It doesn't come on day 1 or even Week or month 1, It comes though and when it does the machine really speaks to you.

This is Why I have stuck with the XP Deus for so long, You can't describe that moment accurately in words but its a feeling I'll never forget.
Me and My Little XP Talking the same language.

Welcome Kieth, I would have typed this in Deus Tones But Only about 6 people would have understood what I was saying. :p

Cheers Big Fella, I have enjoyed watching your Journey mate, but not in a Weird way.

Clegy

I too like Gary's clips, real world examles of how the Deus performs in the field and applications for various settings - none of those tiring nailboard & air tests that our US counterparts seem to be infatuated with.

Latest posts