Warwick

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to detecting and I am going to Warwick with 11 year old grandson next week and staying at Clarendon Park. I would be interested to know of specific sites to detect and pan. I have a GPX 5000. I read on this forum about 'Puddler' and can probably find that and I am aware of the designated fossicking areas but nothing else more specific. Any direction would be appreciated. Will the current wet weather have a negative effect on my experience?

Hi ZZ. Welcome. If you know how get to the GPA. Then that's a start. Can't get lost in there really as all roads lead to hwy. it's should be raining on Sunday so stay on the main tracks , sloppy soft sand There's no water or creaks yet. But depends on how much rain. Remember low and slow. Good luck

Thanks for the warm welcome. BTW I meant Glendon Caravan Park. I don't know where I thought up 'Clarendon' from. I havn't been there yet but I am going on Tuesday for a few days. It looks like the weather is going to come good when I'm there.

1530267365_welcome.jpg

i am going out this Saturday the 7th more than welcome to tag along I know warwick fields pretty well

Hi 227dick, I just found your message about Saturday (now Sunday night) although I just came back from Warwick on Friday. I didn't do a lot of detecting or find any gold but had a bit of a look around. I would be interested in going another time on the week-end though.

Latest posts