GPX5000 with 15 NF Evo versus GPZ 7000?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shakergt said:
Also I should add if I could afford a GPZ I would get one but at the moment the 5000 will do.
yes , yes it will do , the 5000 in the right hands is a weapon
but the 7 is an sdc and a 5000 rolled into one :Y:

Bjay said:
shakergt said:
From the guy who swears by magic wands. Good for a laugh. :D
Not you shakergt but the guy in vid.

Buy what you can afford.
If I had the money and I could afford a divorce I would have a 7000.
But the magic stick is frequently only as good as the user.

Good luck

Tie a brick to a broom hanle and gaffa tape it to your arm , if you can walk around for an hour swinging it buy a Z :Y: ,
They are heavy and kinda arquad but they sniff gold out like nothing else .
If you cant handle the weight for long periods you will loose concentration and you will honestly find more with a 4500 because you can swing it for longer without hurting.

aussiefarmer said:
Tie a brick to a broom hanle and gaffa tape it to your arm , if you can walk around for an hour swinging it buy a Z :Y: ,
If you cant handle the weight for long periods you will loose concentration and you will honestly find more with a 4500 because you can swing it for longer without hurting.

I personally have never had to stop detecting due to the Z getting too heavy :D
and i am usually swinging it for 8 hours a day when i go out :eek: :Y:
And to add...
i have never seen another detectorist put down their Z and say, "thats it for me today this is getting too heavy" ]:D

On a side note....
The gpz has an extra bonus of being able to be setup in a wireless fasion.
no cords to tangle you up :lol:

One of the other reasons I havent got one yet is just that. Too heavy for me. My back doesnt like me after a few hrs with a 5000 so Im geussing ide have about an hr with a Z . Ill wait for the Z 8000 which will weigh half as much and cost $13000 then still wont be able to afford it until there going second hand 3 years later when they bring out a GPXYZ that is compatible with all non gender specific detectorists. :eek:

I suffer from rotorcut Cup syndrome in my right shoulder and I know zed is heavier but to be honest when I'm clipped into the harness with the 7000 it feels no worse than the 4500 and can swing it for hours... bugger me my wife is is only 4 foot 11 and she can swing the 7000 relatively easily for a hour or so without a break.. coming from a 4500 finding 0 gold. Got a 7000 and found gold on my third outing and continuing to find gold in flog areas, what else can I say buy a 7000... so now I found enough gold to buy a pub lunch or two :D

aussiefarmer said:
Im just soft i suppose ;)

Yeah I doubt that AF ;) But would look perhaps at how harness is set up :) If you adjust and set the heights of those J things I think they are called on the minelab harness, it takes the load off your back. Also keep the bungy cord adjusted correctly as in when walking uphill rather than be lifting the detector adjust it and re adjust when walking down hill again. This was stressed to me when swinging the 5000 even as the bigger coils were placed on changed it's ergonomics some what. The only down side of a Z for me is the price difference between the 5000 up to the Z . :| That's why I keep giving Nenad a plug, as I'm hoping he will donate one for promotional purposes to me :rolleyes: :D :D :D

aussiefarmer said:

Not quite a brick... I got all sports science on it ... Ha ha ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol:

1529366896_img_20180619_100307_622.jpg

isolation said:
Well actually it was leg day that day... I took a break to be twit lol

Bogger makes note to one self ..................... respect Isolation .................... unless I have my mates with me ................. the bigger one's :Y: :eek: :D :D :D

I try and use my powers for good :)

...anyway back on topic..

I haven't been lucky enough to try a Z, but I think most gold hunters wouldn't say no to one if it was offered as a gift :D

I do think I will eventually invest in a 15 evo though at some stage

Bogger said:
aussiefarmer said:
Im just soft i suppose ;)

Yeah I doubt that AF ;) But would look perhaps at how harness is set up :) If you adjust and set the heights of those J things I think they are called on the minelab harness, it takes the load off your back. Also keep the bungy cord adjusted correctly as in when walking uphill rather than be lifting the detector adjust it and re adjust when walking down hill again. This was stressed to me when swinging the 5000 even as the bigger coils were placed on changed it's ergonomics some what. The only down side of a Z for me is the price difference between the 5000 up to the Z . :| That's why I keep giving Nenad a plug, as I'm hoping he will donate one for promotional purposes to me :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Didn't you get one we all did :) Nenad must have missed you.

Well bugger me ................. probably once I get off my L's I will be in the running, which won't be long as running out of patches at deep creek ;) :cool:

1529377370_deep_creek_1.jpg

Latest posts