Xterra beach coils for sale?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey I am chaising a large coil for the old mans xterra 705 for beach work. Recommendations?

15 inch all terrain. I found the best to be the 7.5khz for coins rings ect....The same coil in 18.5khz is really sensitive to smaller bits of metal and will drive you nuts with false targets on wet sand.Though they can become heavy. :Y:

Bump. Is it worth buying a second hand coiltek when Minelab are now making the same coils for $285 new... coiltek units must have cost alot for second hand prices to still be > $200....

I have a 15" 18.75 Minelab coil that I am considering selling. I have upgraded to a 13x10" Mars MD coil due to it being lighter. I just want to have a couple more hunts with the new coil for it to prove itself.

Hey 1968falconxt you raise a good point. That Mars coil is currently retailing at $150 new! Whats up with that...

Most likely pricing in US dollars, most of the Mars 13x10" X-terra coils seem to go for between $240-300, depending on whether it is a single or dual frequency coil.

Seems like they are on special ATM. $150 off the normal price... Just checking with Clergy if he has any dual frequency left...

Gizmo said:
Seems like they are on special ATM. $150 off the normal price... Just checking with Clergy if he has any dual frequency left...

Aah, that makes sense, he was running out some Mars coils for a few brands of detectors.

Ok I have bought a new 7.5khz 15in ML brand coil. Thanks for the advice everyone. Now to wait for the old man to visit next month. Got him a propoint 25 & a decent beach coil -$350, time spent teaching him how it is done - priceless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts