upside down menu on my 4500

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markgoldhunter

mark johnston
Reaction score
Very strange, this morning when I turned my 45 on and looked at the screen it was upside down. I don't know if this has happened before as I don't often check but it is the first time I have noticed it. All good though switched off and on again and everything was right in the world. Has anyone else had this happen.

I only had it happen in Australia. When I flew over the equator into the Northern Hemisphere the menu corrected itself.

1529123354_ozupsdown.jpg

True story bro :p

You did the right thing. Computers and electronics sometimes act up and the 'turn it off and back on' trick usually solves most issues if the item is acting strange.

It's an Australian Detector, it meant to be upside down,

Seriously though it's a shame you did not take a picture of it because I expect Minelab would like to know about it for sure. Never hear of this happening ever before, lets hope it doesn't happen again but if it does then take a picture. :Y:

Not that I would know.... but could it be a screen rotational function for if you were to mount the box upside down.... just so you could still read it properly ? 8)

It hasn't done it since and I hope it won't but if it does I will certainly photo the screen and quiz minelab on it. I don't think they would be able to give me any clues without looking at the box so that is not going to happen just yet coz I am still busy using it.

Latest posts