Eddi-D is back

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, I am back after what looks like 3 years away from here.
I rode shotgun on a couple of film shoots for a new program coming out later this year on TV about prospecting (company I work for was 1 of the sponsors).
It fired me back up so I went an bought a Minelab SDC2300. A big upgrade from the BH Tracker4 and now looking for the shiny stuff - and found some - will post it in finds.
Anyway, am happy to be back - so far just cruising around Bendigo and Creswick with the 2300.
Will be moving west (all the way) later this year so will be probing for information on prospecting the west when I get there.

Welcome back Eddie-D sounds like your having fun the 2300 is a little ripper with the move West I think there'll be another upgrade soon good luck.

Thanks for the Heads Up fellas. I have just returned from a trade show in Syd and spent time with a Garrett Customer Service Manager and we talked a lot of tech - now I do have an upgrade in mind. With the SDC only a month or so old I will have to make it work harder to buy the next machine. :|

Hey bloke.... things has changed a bit on here over time.... why wait.... start your research now. This place is big now...
E C H O.... Echo.... echo.... :lol:

Hello Eddi-D, hoping your avatar isn't you, lol. Dude looks a tad crazy.
Good to hear you're finding some pretties too. :p

Going to the Whipstick Bendigo this weekend to look for more. Only found 1 piece at 0.07gm. I now know which direction I want to scan. I found my piece in a gully/stream but did not know it at the time, or could not see that looking at the layout of the land (newbie). I take my Spot Gen3 satellite messenger and send myself a msg when I find gold and check it on a map when I get home. You will see the blue mark where I found my piece so I will follow the streamline/invisible gully nth/sth in the hope of targets.

1529613865_capture_2018-06-17-07-08-35.jpg

Only the hard core ones this morning. It is supposed to be -1. I will find out shortly how fresh it is - may have to take the ice pick.....

My avatar might scare them away - I'll give them that look when I see them. :D

Be carrful working near bulldozers and heavy earth moving equipment Eddi :eek: