Heading up to Daylesford Tomorrow

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a day off work tomorrow so thought i would head up to sailors creek in Hepburn Regional Park to test my new Minelab panning kit.

I've never been to this area before so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I only have a 2wd and am wondering whether i will be able to drive on the Wallaby track or whether to park on the road and walk in.

Also does anyone know what the water level is like at the moment, as i can carry buckets with me if i need to collect material and pan at home.

Thanks all.

Been there a couple of times now. The wallaby track isn't for 2wd in my opinion so i parked up and walked in. The water level is good with decent flow. Haven't found much gold, think ive found more at Warrandyte to be honest but its close to Melbourne and its a nice area.

The minelab panning kit is great, well worth the money. I have a mini dream mat sluice which ive been testing out which seems to be doing well although im not entirely sure im setting it up right.

Occasional_panner said:
Take a video and put it on youtube.

Will do mate. I think today i might have cracked it. I had the V pattern at the start of the sluice everyone talks about and the material was clearing well.

Latest posts