I Love My XP Deus! ~June 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Capra I do swing a Deus,thats what I use cherry picking goldies. With room for 20c , 50c in the high 70 range. XY screen with a nice straight line. If youre line is scrambled or loopy it is probably junk. Cheers.

Secret Squirrels said:
Wow Capa!! what a difference a different detector has made to your hunt outcomes, well done mate happy hunting. :eek: :party: :rainbow:
yes. honestly, I dig less junk now but might be leaving gold coins behind.....

Dave law said:
Yes Capra I do swing a Deus,thats what I use cherry picking goldies. With room for 20c , 50c in the high 70 range. XY screen with a nice straight line. If youre line is scrambled or loopy it is probably junk. Cheers.

High 70 for those coins.... Well I left so many coins behind O:)
Horizontal line? I got English penny with very short horizontal line on XY screen and id92.

caparobertsan said:
Dave law said:

High 70 for those coins.... Well I left so many coins behind O:)
Horizontal line? I got English penny with very short horizontal line on XY screen and id92.
Yes if the line is straight with a clear crisp signal it should be a compact target. A deformed line usually means a random or irregular shaped target. Hope this helps. Cheers & Happy Hunting.

Hello, all
I have saved Mr Dave Law`s program and named " D.law.101". DAVELAW.101 was too long so I needed to shorten. It works very well but site I was detecting was too quiet and I have to wave coil on the shovel occasionally. So I switched aback to program 9.Hot again. Maybe I like this program best as I can hear something even I don`t hit any target for a while. Anyway, I found lonely Florin in amazing condition and after that I found my first ever English Shilling from 1870 which is also in great condition! I am quite content with my hunt! :D :D :D
1531702195_img_1116.jpg

1531702282_img_1112.jpg

1531702283_img_1115.jpg

Now I am, thinking I need bigger coil for this place because I am sure I searched the area where I found Shilling but somehow I did not pass. That shilling was located 2 meter away where my wife found Shilling a couple of month back. But I was using Nexus bonanza then. I think Bonanza might have missed as it reject Iron very well and maybe it rejected shilling. I love my Deus! :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:

Good detecting mate. Gotta love something 150 years old, something silver and something that you can spend all in one hunt.

Gee wizz I am flattered you have named your baby after me. lol. That program, I use to cherry pick junky areas. Hits $1 86-88 & $2. 83-86. Still pick up pennies & silvers on quiet sites. All said you are having fun & getting some great finds. Cheers.

Onya Capa.... well done mate ! 8) :p
:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
O:) O:) O:)
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Lovely shilling Capa, I wouldn't be too worried about missing that shilling first time around, you never get everything on the first pass - even with a larger coil. Grid the area in a different direction again and you will probably locate yet more coins, can depend on factors like how the coins are oriented in the ground. Slowing down your sweep speed will also liberate less obvious coin targets missed over the first few sessions. Doing well on the Deus so far. :Y:

An English shilling is one of my wish-list coins, looking forward to the day I walk across one, congrats

brianincnb said:
An English shilling is one of my wish-list coins, looking forward to the day I walk across one, congrats
I think older coins can be found at country side. This one was found at old park which used to be a farm. I am 100% sure you will find them! Thanks

Goldpick said:
Lovely shilling Capa, I wouldn't be too worried about missing that shilling first time around, you never get everything on the first pass - even with a larger coil. Grid the area in a different direction again and you will probably locate yet more coins, can depend on factors like how the coins are oriented in the ground. Slowing down your sweep speed will also liberate less obvious coin targets missed over the first few sessions. Doing well on the Deus so far. :Y:

yes I will go back there again but search different area. I want rotate spots so I don`t get bored. Thanks I am enjoying Deus!

Latest posts