I Love My XP Deus! ~June 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to the same spot I went last week with my Nexus Bonanza detector. And surprisingly I have found so many coins! I am sure they could be found with my other detectors but I think Deus is very quick to react to metal compared to my other ones. I guess my swinging speed was too fast.
Initially I was playing around with my modified silly program but I changed it to hot program. I dug aluminums with id of 75- 85... so I just ignored all the id in 70 and low 80 ranges. All the silvers were like 88-92 and pennies were around 94,95.....
I am very please with XP Deus! I should bought earlier! :D
Not sure why I cannot find modern coins though.....
1528597127_img_20180610_084724_edit_1.jpg

Good to see that you finally run out of excuses to buy.

Don't worry about finding modern because they will come.

Very nice silver :Y:

Great score Capa.... 8) was lookin for the silver close-ups :p
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Hello, All! :D :D :D
Very Short hunt today. I used hot program and I really need listen the sound very carefully because this park used to be a dumping rubbish tip of some sort and I can hear everything with Program 9. Maybe too much info. I found 2 pennies. English Pennies shows Short Horizontal line on the XY screen. This is a second time I found English Pennies with Deus. Pennies number were over 90 and high tone. I really think I should not rely on numbers at all. Quiet high tone is a one I should be digging anyway..
Once again, I am surprised that Deus find 2 big coins as I have done this placed few times before with Nexus Bonanza..... Both Target were not deep..... Maybe Iron masked target from Nexus Bonanza ....??

I love deus! Perfect detector for nerd!

1529469734_img_20180620_123412.jpg

1529469734_img_20180620_124445.jpg

caparobertsan said:
ktmman said:
Both are where in nice condition too, soil has been kind to them.
Yes they were in excellent condition until I have scratched with my digga..... O:)

I didn't want to mention the scratch on your coin....do you use a pin pointer? Nice condition coins where you detect mate, soil has been kind. :)

golddiggerart said:
caparobertsan said:
ktmman said:
Both are where in nice condition too, soil has been kind to them.
Yes they were in excellent condition until I have scratched with my digga..... O:)

I didn't want to mention the scratch on your coin....do you use a pin pointer? Nice condition coins where you detect mate, soil has been kind. :)
I think, my pinpoint technique is no good with this detector yet.. this one is bit different from my other one but coil centre seems be bit forward.

Hello, I was watching youtube ans someone had found a cold coin. I asked guy what was ID number and he said 77! Ok. I think it is rare to find gold object out in the field, I so far rejected all number lower than 88. I tested Deus with 18K gold ring I found with nexus Bonanza and ID number was 80 solid. And it does not give high tone. So far all those 70-80 ish number was aluminium( foil, pull tubs etc..) So Maybe I should dig everything over 77 from now on as I might be loosing really good targets. Now I feel Nexus Bonanza has its place. Basically dig all repeatable signals.

What do you think????

caparobertsan said:
Hello, I was watching youtube ans someone had found a cold coin. I asked guy what was ID number and he said 77! Ok. I think it is rare to find gold object out in the field, I so far rejected all number lower than 88. I tested Deus with 18K gold ring I found with nexus Bonanza and ID number was 80 solid. And it does not give high tone. So far all those 70-80 ish number was aluminium( foil, pull tubs etc..) So Maybe I should dig everything over 77 from now on as I might be loosing really good targets. Now I feel Nexus Bonanza has its place. Basically dig all repeatable signals.

What do you think????
Unless your cherry picking.
If it sounds good dig it..If you dont you wont know what it was D :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
caparobertsan said:

What do you think????
Unless your cherry picking.
If it sounds good dig it..If you dont you wont know what it was D :Y:
Yep, there is no easy way.... I will have to dig non ferrous! :mad:

Latest posts