National Prospectors survey

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G0lddigg@

Dustin
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Some of you by now may have already contributed and i thank you for taking the time.
Im trying to get a national survey completed with a comprehensive eye into what we as prospectors contribute to our economy.

Many said it cant be done i dont buy it, already I've seen overwhelming support for the survey and how this data presents us as a community.

Please if you haven't filled out the survey or shared this to your friends have a crack it may just be our last time to support these state based braches and to get our own internal data rather than waiting for the opposers to present their opinions of us.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OurRights

And if you're interested in joining a group on facebook discussing these issues come.say hello
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1913849358870610/

I think this survey should include businesses and government bodies that benefit from prospectors and fossickers.
So maybe this way, you get more info, like a tree.
Beneficiaries are -
# state forests, fossicking permits
# local government
# councils
# detector shops
# camping stores
# petrol stations
# supermarkets
# butchers
# coffee shops
# takeaway shops
# ect ,ect ,etc...........
So many benefits come from us when we go out :Y:

Done, and yes there is a knock on affect for a lot of business!
Like the 4x4 mob and the grey nomads that travel around oz prospecting and fossicking for all sorts of goodies!

Most of us like 4x4ing fishing and fossicking, can not do a lot of these hobbies with out a 4x4! Get some big names on bord!?

Up here, many members of the 4x4 mobs will often have a pan and or sluice at some of the many river crossings they stop at on the way up and down the coast!
Even I had a plan of getting my first 4x4 in Melbourne and prospecting all the way home to far north QLD!
So that's now thousands of Aussie bobs ($$) lost from just little old me not doing my trip!

If I can not do my hobby down there why go? For the cold weather? :eek:

diggin4gold said:
I think this survey should include businesses and government bodies that benefit from prospectors and fossickers.
So maybe this way, you get more info, like a tree.
Beneficiaries are -
# state forests, fossicking permits
# local government
# councils
# detector shops
# camping stores
# petrol stations
# supermarkets
# butchers
# coffee shops
# takeaway shops
# ect ,ect ,etc...........
So many benefits come from us when we go out :Y:

All great points mate ill use them in the report

Brother said:
Done, and yes there is a knock on affect for a lot of business!
Like the 4x4 mob and the grey nomads that travel around oz prospecting and fossicking for all sorts of goodies!

Most of us like 4x4ing fishing and fossicking, can not do a lot of these hobbies with out a 4x4! Get some big names on bord!?

Up here, many members of the 4x4 mobs will often have a pan and or sluice at some of the many river crossings they stop at on the way up and down the coast!
Even I had a plan of getting my first 4x4 in Melbourne and prospecting all the way home to far north QLD!
So that's now thousands of Aussie bobs ($$) lost from just little old me not doing my trip!

If I can not do my hobby down there why go? For the cold weather? :eek:

Spot on mate. Im a 4wder amd love it. The 4wd community have always got behind issues like this and a few forums are on my to do list.

G0lddigg@ said:

I think there's a lot of folk here that only detect so don't care enough to be even bothered to fill out this survey Golddigg.

They will regret it when the white shirts will " ban" them too..

Last time I looked there were about 10,000 members of PA Forum.

If 80% took the time and effort to complete the survey ( the basis of this thread) that is a substantial number and would provide solid data for use in discussions with governments/authorities in each state, starting with the problem in NSW. A response rate at that level would far exceed the number of respondents in most polls that governments rely on to test their own popularity

Last year, 15000+ members/visitors viewed a petition calling for opening up more fossicking areas in QLD (not just to serve us Qld'ers but to be there for fellow fossickers and prospectors from other states...many of whom come to QLD when it gets a bit cooler down south).

Despite 15000+ views that petition received less than 1000 signatures. Even me having a whine last week secured about another dozen or so signatures. Fair enough..we tried.

G0lddigg who started the current survey deserves huge thanks for his initiative and time and effort taken on this survey. It's a very clever undertaking by him.

A couple of days ago the number of respondents for the survey was less than 1000..which is great.... and thanks to all those who completed it..... but it's a lower response rate than I would have expected.

Do members just not care...or is the current highbanker ban in NSW not a big enough issue to take ten minutes to do a survey.

I see people in these forums and threads jumping up and down about do the right thing, follow the laws, fill your holes, don't ruin this hobby for the rest of us, respect each other and our hobby and I see genuine caring for members who sometimes hit hard times. PA members are best described as 'not shy' of expressing their views.

But really..why the poor response rate so far on this survey??

In posing this question I am also not having a shot at NAPFA who tell us they are working hard, much is going on, they will tell us soon etc.

This post is not about what NAPFA is doing..it's about what many members are NOT doing.

Please take some time to fill out the survey...it is your chance to have a say and express your views.

If several thousand members complete this survey...if the data and its interpretation show how keen people are on our hobby, then governments might take our collective view more seriously.

If I went to a meeting with government and said.."8% of the members of the Prospecting Australia forum completed a survey I'd like to discuss"...I'd expect to get the response..' thankyou,...so the other 92% of your members don't have a view !"

Rant over