Elderado sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate they are fine and do the exact same job, however, they are very small. A mate of mine grabbed the narrow flared one thinking Le Trap or Mackirk, then we had a chuckle finding it was only 58cmx16cm narrowing down to 12cm. Does not mean it does not do a good job though, I have seen corrugated plastic drain pipe catch gold so of course, they work, just means smaller scoops and a little bit slower processing a bucket. They do a great job in slow water, there has been bugger all out at Sunny Corner but my mate continued to run his small sluice for most of the season while I found myself stuck panning.

Have you looked at 3rd party shipping? Sometimes it works out. I got a Predator III from the US only because I could not find a stockist in Aus. Was surprisingly reasonable for postage via MyUS.com.

Thanks chris.
I didnt think to lool at the dimensions.
I will check out the myus.com you memtiomed also.
Can you use myus.com as a once off or do you need to pay a monthly fee?

They have a Basic Member option, they just won't consolidate packages with it, works out fine, no fees.

Nothing wrong with that Eldorado that you picked out, just depends on your style, if you do mostly crevicing and need to then run the material it would be great, especially if you need to hike to your favorite locations. Sometimes with crevicing, it takes a bloody long time to fill a 20l bucket with material. If you are looking to cut trenches and process bulk material, at 50cmx28cm it's gonna slow you down at that size!

Not much more on the market in ABS in Aus unfortunately!

Latest posts