Camping on a Mine Lease Qld

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All
We all know that there are not many places we can Camp and Prospect Legally with out the fear of being watched or shot in Far North QLD!
Well, times are changing. I am applying for a tourism endorsement on my working alluvial mining lease to allow fellow prospectors to pan, crevis, highbank or detect while camping on my lease legally and safely with your family or friends! Hopefully we do not get too many objections through the Mines Dept. to stop us. this will take a few months to process as no other mines do this.
Your thoughts !!!!
Would you support the idea ?

Perhaps when you go ahead with this idea, have a list of people who would support Your idea.. Reason being that Government Departments think that there are not to many people who would like to go to a place like yours... We know how many of us would visit, but they think there is only a handful of people who Prospect/Fossick in this World.. Found that out when NP NSW was looking at stoping Fossicking at Torrington... Good Luck with it and hope you have success.... I will start packing my gear ready to go.. :)

LW.....

Diggerman60 said:
Hi All
We all know that there are not many places we can Camp and Prospect Legally with out the fear of being watched or shot in Far North QLD!
Well, times are changing. I am applying for a tourism endorsement on my working alluvial mining lease to allow fellow prospectors to pan, crevis, highbank or detect while camping on my lease legally and safely with your family or friends! Hopefully we do not get too many objections through the Mines Dept. to stop us. this will take a few months to process as no other mines do this.
Your thoughts !!!!

Let us know when the paper work is done and I will schedule a visit on my next trip around Oz.

Rob P

Diggerman60 said:
Hi All
Your thoughts !!!!

Diggerman what part of FNQ ? Quad friendly I presume and also what size is lease ? Have you worked out the fee side of things as yet ? Yeah I know questions questions ................. but you did ask :Y:

LoneWolf said:
Dave79 said:
Awesome idea, hopefully the red tape doesn't get too thick for ya!

Yes, and there will be lots of it... Nothing like a sharp pair of Scissors to slowly work your way through... I found when helping organise a New Event in NSW that having your Local MP on side helps heaps....

LW....
Hopefully the the members of parliament have more influence than the mines department in Qld. Not like WA. They are the minesite nazis over there.