Program 10 GOLD FIELDS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pogmahon

Graeme
Reaction score
I've started this thread for anyone interested in sharing their experiences in heavily mineralised areas.

Im running the white elliptical whilst gold prospecting, settings vary of course but to start with it's
Frequency =77Khz
GB either manual using the ground grab feature or tracking if the soil is highly variable. If i get a positive target i go back to manual until it's pinpointed.
Sensitivity is default at 90 but have found it can make the coil extremely sensitive and chirpy. Even an empty hand passed close to the coil will trigger a response.

Generally speaking i keep a close eye on the mineralisation bar as I've found this can help differentiate between a target and a hot patch of soil. Eg. Was in Creswick yesterday and soil mineralisation was ranging from 74-90 in less than a few steps. Pretty hard to keep up unless flicking over to tracking and i noticed that regardless of actual GB number the mineralisation bar could be quite low or full scale. Lots of false signals and head scratching trying to figure out what was going on (my 2 mates with PIs were having lots of false signals also). long story short, if the signal was concentrated and mineralisation bar was 1/2 scale or higher it would invariably be a pocket of fine red clay/dust with no target.

Final thoughts are that the Deus can do what's claimed and handle this type of ground, as for penetration, i dug plenty of trash including a shot gun pellet at around 2" and some much deeper ferrous which seemed to be partial square headed nail pieces. No gold so far.

I hope you guys find this post of some interest and ill be very interested to hear how others are going with the HF coils on gold.

Cheers Graeme

Hi Graeme,

Program 10 has a feature that is not available in the other programs. Its the ground grab feature.

In program 10 the pinpoint button becomes the ground grab button and will instantly rebalance the machine. You can do it 3 times a swing if you need to its the key to keeping the deus balanced in variable ground like your talking about.

Try dropping the frequency with the shift into the 60's. Menu - Frequency - expert or even drop it down a whole frequency to 29khz and use the same procedure to shift up into the higher ranges of the middle frequency.

You have effectively 21 frequencies to play with in that coil.

I have found like you did that sometimes 77khz+ is just too sensitive and the deus will give you a little too much information at times. I drop the frequency rather than the sensitivity at first as even at 30 odd Khz it will pick up that tiny gold and still give you good responses to the shotgun pellet size bits down a few inches.

Happy Hunting mate

Clegy

Clegy,

Cheers mate, i was using the "ground grab" off the pinponter button, its great! Its my go-to GB mode infact. The frequency options are very broad and i was really experimenting to see the response from the coil...... I ended up dropping it back to the mid freq... 29Ish? Cant remember and havent got it in front of me :) Ill definitely try dropping the frequency before sensitivity next time i go chasing gold. This is where the Deus shines in its flexibility.... You have to know your machine to get its full potential.

Im still a n00b with it but i think im heading in the right direction.... Lol

Thanks again for the reply and hopefully other Deus owners will contribute and or get something out of this thread as it develops.

Cheers Graeme

clegy said:
Hi Graeme,

Program 10 has a feature that is not available in the other programs. Its the ground grab feature.

In program 10 the pinpoint button becomes the ground grab button and will instantly rebalance the machine. You can do it 3 times a swing if you need to its the key to keeping the deus balanced in variable ground like your talking about.

Try dropping the frequency with the shift into the 60's. Menu - Frequency - expert or even drop it down a whole frequency to 29khz and use the same procedure to shift up into the higher ranges of the middle frequency.

You have effectively 21 frequencies to play with in that coil.

I have found like you did that sometimes 77khz+ is just too sensitive and the deus will give you a little too much information at times. I drop the frequency rather than the sensitivity at first as even at 30 odd Khz it will pick up that tiny gold and still give you good responses to the shotgun pellet size bits down a few inches.

Happy Hunting mate

Clegy

Latest posts