Doing your Washing...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manpa said:
If you have a the luxury of a vehicle, carry a 20lt bucket with lid. Half fill with water add washing, put lid on, go for a drive, instant wash.

Second this method Manpa, an added feature we bought rubber suction plunger (for clearing drains) from Bunning. Hole punched a series of 15 mm holes around perimeter. Have used it for years with the 20litre bucket, works a treat when camped up.

Nightjar said:
Manpa said:
If you have a the luxury of a vehicle, carry a 20lt bucket with lid. Half fill with water add washing, put lid on, go for a drive, instant wash.

Second this method Manpa, an added feature we bought rubber suction plunger (for clearing drains) from Bunning. Hole punched a series of 15 mm holes around perimeter. Have used it for years with the 20litre bucket, works a treat when camped up.

I like it one bucket, two lids, one for car agitation, one with holes for plunger agitation. :Y:

aussiefarmer said:
What is this washing thing you speak of ;) ive been caping plenty and never encountered it yet , i guess thats why i dont get flies in my face :lol:

That's why everyone stands up wind of you! :lol:

I find if you stand in the smoke at the fire place it make a good deodorant and the cook leaves you alone to get a good sleep, comes in different fragrances... Apple gum, iron bark even dual use with a bit of wombat poo for mozies! Then you get to lay spread out to yourself all night!

Heard of a mum who when taking the family camping would allow her kids to dress in their best if they wished when leaving home. On the way she'd stop by the closest Op-shop near camp and kit out the whole family for a week or two for $20.00 bucks. At the end of camp she'd make certain everyone was washed and clean (people that is) to jump back into the clothes they left home in and then burn all the bargains they'd worn while camping. This way she was able to enjoy the experience with her family minimising the hassle chores :Y: good ingenuity but only suitable out of fire season.

Tips.
1st day wear your clothes the right way
2nd day wear them inside out
3rd day wear them right side out
4th day any way you want, nobody will come near you

Nightjar said:
Manpa said:
I like it one bucket, two lids, one for car agitation, one with holes for plunger agitation. :Y:

Manpa, Just one bucket and lid, when using the plunger the lid is removed, clothes, water and washing powder and then agitated with plunger. The plunger has the holes not the lid.
Thanks for that, I could always stomp em like grapes.

Nightjar,

Your idea is much better with the plumbers plunger......
I have used just the bucket in the wagon driving around that seemed to work ....

I will modify the plunger and see how that goes.......

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Manpa said:
Nightjar said:
Manpa said:

Manpa, Just one bucket and lid, when using the plunger the lid is removed, clothes, water and washing powder and then agitated with plunger. The plunger has the holes not the lid.
Thanks for that, I could always stomp em like grapes.

Bit of multi tasking there mate, cleaning your toe nails at the same time :)

You only need 3 pairs of undies for a week.

Get a permanent marker and write Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday on the tags.

Now as there are 7 days in a week, on Thursday you turn Mondays inside out, Friday you turn Tuesdays inside out, and Saturday you turn Wednesdays inside out.
For Sunday, you turn Mondays pair back around the right way, hang them up and use your pick handle to beat the sh!t out of them! :Y:

Latest posts