Detecting belts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im looking at upgrading my worn out jug cord detecting belt for a more functional belt. What brands are out there and what attachments for the belt do you use. Thanks.

my tool belt , 20 bucks at bunning
1526893875_me1.jpg

I'm using an army belt from Assie Disposals. Easy to hang stuff off and the hip stick fits nicely on it. Think from memory I saw Johnathan Porter wearing one. Works for me. Bought a cheap hammer holster that hangs nicely of the belt for my pick.

I suppose it all depends on whether you are prospecting, coin shooting or relic hunting as to what belt would be suitable. I like to keep things to a bare minimum, so that just means a cheapy KMart "leather" belt, M-i6 pinpointer on one side, and a large black ammo dump pouch on the other side for my Predator digger and finds. I have tried using larger army webbing type belts, though after a heavy session of finds they usually end up around my ankles. Guess I just prefer to have a belt small enough to thread through my jeans belt loops to keep everything in place.

If I get off the beaten track, rather than add extra gear to my belt, I'll just take a small backpack with an internal Camelbak water bladder.

I carry a bucket for treasure detecting on the beaches and in parks, I put my pinpointer and other recovery tools in the bucket and toss any coins and rubbish in the bucket, all the jewellery goes in my pocket. :)

I like the bucket as it means I can pick up and carry larger rubbish with me such as plastic bottles and other crap people leave on the beaches.

I find belts a bit fiddly with everything hanging off them, especially when I'm moving fast.

Thanks mudgee hunter. Looks like what i need. The bush up is pretty thick. I lost my bunnings pick a while back because of a old belt. Its still out there and to me its not worth the effort going back in that spot looking for it. Thanks for the adivice and ideas. i sent you a pm mh about payment to.

Freebie mate. Oooh maybe the first schooner in a shout. Our paths will cross oneday.
check out the claw hammer clips at a hardware shop, I keep my pick in one, over my left butt cheek so it doesn't foul when I walk etc.
The support backing on theses belts is good for weight spread and not pulling your pants down. Lol.
Hope it belts you up! :D

Latest posts