Cats

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiron52

Dave
Reaction score
I was watching Landline on the ABC today and they ran a story about feral cats.
One chap stated there is estimated to be 10 million feral cats in Australia.
He also mentioned that each feral cat is estimated to kill at least 2 native species a day.
That equates to 20 million of our native species per day being killed by feral cats.
Bloody hell!

Hey I like Cats...... But I can never eat a whole one.... ]:D https://ssaa.org.au/news-resources/hunting/from-operation-bounceback-to-quoll-protection-program/

A Good Cat is a Dead Cat.... :Y:

If these Cats keep going at this currant rate We won't have any Wildlife left.... :N: :( The DPI has issued Licences to Kill as many of these Critters as they can for the next 2 yrs.... Lets see how many they get...
LW....
1526801962_from-operation-bounceback-to-quoll-protection_program-2.jpg

Before the Sh#t fight starts, I have one Question for Cat owners...

How many of you 'Responsible' Owners let your Cat out at Night? If you Do, then YOU are part of the problem... :mad:

And Chiron those figures are way out... You can Triple those numbers and they would still be nowhere near the correct amount....

LW...

Jaros said:
My wife was a"CAT" person till she met me. We purchased our first dog just after getting married and she very quickly became enamoured to the dog"Cassius" a purebred boxer- I still miss him after he had a brain bleed when he was 7 yrs old and we had to put him down. 8.(
Auntie has a Boxer with a tumor on its brain. Is that type of thing common with the breed Jaros ? Sorry you lost your dog like that.

shakergt said:
They should put a bounty on them like they have for fox's and dogs in some states. I would be more than happy to help out. I do now but it would be nice to get some cash for my other expensive hobby.
Used to have a bounty on them in the gulf country. Never seen it anywhere else though.

Smoky bandit said:
I have a cat and it kills the odd grasshopper or gecko...But my Kellpie kills a possum every week..Does that make dogs as bad as cats.

Yes..... Here is a pic for you...
1526808058_2921992600000578-0-image-a-9_1432794309440.jpg

You can apply for a Licence to shoot Feral Dogs and Cats... And receive a bounty for doing it.... A Mate who lives at Mt Mitchel near Glen Innes has one and gets quite a few every time he goes out on a hunt... His tally is 67 so far..... this year... :eek:
I have been on several hunt with him and couldn't believe the different breeds mixed in with them... Even a Maltese was shot in a pack of Wild dogs one night...

LW....

Latest posts