Snuffer bottles information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good way of keeping their snuffer bottle on them when out prospecting?. I have tried to tie my Garret one around my neck and wrist but there is nowhere to tie it off. I did try some gaffa tape as it sometimes fixes everything but not in this case, any advice would be much appreciated,

Cheers.

7.62marksman said:
Try using a water bottle carrier a military one that has clips or Velcro
I wear work trousers with side leg pockets and put it in there

Thanks Marksman, I will try that. That sounds like it would work great.

There are a few holsters on the market, some are kinda pricey.
Maybe ask if there are any leatherworkers on the forum or try knocking one up?

1526388523_f3c6ffad99dbdcb0d6209479b88d10c2_800x.jpg
1526388557_s-l640.jpg

1526388578_umg2fmxpqkahtkiaiy2g_snuffer-sniffer-bottle-gold-prospecting-tool-with-leather-holster-bt-ssbh_grande.jpg

Those holsters would great, thanks for the information. I will be checking them out for sure.

Cheers.

G'Day

I have always wondered about that but yesterday out on the creek is was cold enough to get to wear a thin jacket. I dropped my bottle a number of times and decided it would fit just right into a breast pocket on my jacket, Genius! I could take it out easily when needing to get one of those pesky flakes that keeps running away from me and put it back one handed. Decided that from now on will wear a jacket in cold weather a a bush or workers shirt with breast pockets from now on. No cost just convenience.

Araluen

1526434494_download.jpg

I use a little pouch similar to this that I grabbed from bcf a couple of years back. Unfortunately bcf no longer stock them but Ive seen similar ones at the army disposals.
Mine has 3 pockets, front one has a buckle over it as well as a zip.
Snuffer and plastic bottle of jet dry go in the back pocket (closest to hip). Small screwdriver, spoon, bandage and plastic screw top jar go in the middle pocket. Small front pocket holds tweezers and magnet.
Will throw up a pic of mine this arvo for you. ?

TGW.

SWright said:
G'Day

I have always wondered about that but yesterday out on the creek is was cold enough to get to wear a thin jacket. I dropped my bottle a number of times and decided it would fit just right into a breast pocket on my jacket, Genius! I could take it out easily when needing to get one of those pesky flakes that keeps running away from me and put it back one handed. Decided that from now on will wear a jacket in cold weather a a bush or workers shirt with breast pockets from now on. No cost just convenience.

Araluen

Now that is thinking, I have tried the breast pocket but all my hi vis shirts are too loose. Maybe I should get the sewing machine out. Thanks for the info

Cheers.

The Green Wanderer said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/784/1526434494_download.jpg

I use a little pouch similar to this that I grabbed from bcf a couple of years back. Unfortunately bcf no longer stock them but Ive seen similar ones at the army disposals.
Mine has 3 pockets, front one has a buckle over it as well as a zip.
Snuffer and plastic bottle of jet dry go in the back pocket (closest to hip). Small screwdriver, spoon, bandage and plastic screw top jar go in the middle pocket. Small front pocket holds tweezers and magnet.
Will throw up a pic of mine this arvo for you. ?

TGW.

I never thought about looking at bcf. I will have to have a look tomorrow after work, they might have something similar. Thanks for the info.

Cheers.

Ship of fools said:
How about a stubble cooler, cut a couple of slots for a belt.
Matt T

That sounds great, I have dozens of stubbie coolers lol. I think I will modify one in the next couple of days, I never thought of that, thanks heaps.

The Green Wanderer said:

That looks like a great set up. Working smarter not harder :Y: If I can't modify a couple of stubbie coolers I am certainly checking out your set up. Thankyou very much.

Hey All,

What snuffer bottle would you guys recommend I buy? Happy for any brands or suppliers to be mentioned, if you know they sell a good bit of kit. At the moment, I still do the old stick the gold bits up on the end of finger trick, which is a pain.

I know I can make one up, I've read a bit on the forum about choosing the right bottle types and tubes etc. But I thought if there is a good one for sale one out there, I'd look at buying it.

Thanks
Brendo

The garret gold guzzler i used for years until my dog got to it. It always seemed to be much better than the plastic bottle snuffers you get everywhere else.
I have since made my own out of a turkey baster.

Put a little spit on finger, press on gold then dunk finger tip it in your gold cup, not very elegant but seems to work.

Latest posts