Minelab Go Find 22 44 66 - New series tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heading to the states and thinking of grabbing a GoFind40, other than the obvious plug pack differences, are the units different?

They are about $130 in the states, significantly cheaper than here, cos even on australian products we pay australia tax.

Thanks

James

is that Australian $130 or American
mate only ask as when i was looking for one they were all $200au upwards out of USA and then postage on top of that
i know postage for you wont exist as you are going there

Marauder said:
Heading to the states and thinking of grabbing a GoFind40, other than the obvious plug pack differences, are the units different?
They are about $130 in the states, significantly cheaper than here, cos even on australian products we pay australia tax.

You also get a world-beating Australian warranty, with consumer law rights that extend beyond whatever the manufacturer/importer sees fit to offer. Getting after-sales service on a US-bought item may be quite expensive.

Take note that the GoFind series have all been updated........

Three new models are now available the GO-FIND 22, 44 and 66, which will replace the GO-FIND 20, 40, and 60 models. New GO-FIND Series models have been designed with increased sensitivity so that targets can be identified at greater depth when compared to the original GO-FIND Series models. The new models are constructed using the same proven collapsible, lightweight platform and feature the same easy-to-use consumer interface which the original GO-FIND Series successfully brought to market in 2015. New GO-FIND Series models feature proprietary Minelab VFLEX digital electronics to enhance standard single frequency VLF detection technology.

1528769095_e7cdc83d-fc0d-4127-a981-839790b48941.jpg.acbffcaa934685db31613c5390cc1ad9.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Minelab-GO-FIND-40-Metal-Detector/dp/B00XAU4UMQ

Actually $119 US, with free shipping internal to the US. Works out at current rates to be $160 AUD. Interested in the upgraded version, but a bit more than i'm wiling to go for a toy for the kids.

https://www.amazon.com/Minelab-GO-FIND-44-Metal-Detector/dp/B079Z43X45

As for after sales service? And warranty? I could imagine that the US guys get those too, and yet its still much cheaper over there? Personally i'm not fussed with a warranty on one of these gadgets.

all though Anaconda currently has them on clearance
https://www.anacondastores.com/spor...MInub58a7c2wIVSA4rCh3IAAiIEAYYASABEgIkjfD_BwE

So we'll see how we go.

Don't forget to add 10% which will be charged as of the end of this month.

I had an email from my shipping agent regarding the tax being applied before the good leave the US for any items under $1000 AUD.

I guess they might even start collecting for items over $1000 AUD as well.

Not sure how the 10% makes its way back to Australia.

Minelabs refined & upgraded go find series, original models of 20/40/66 had been upgraded armed with latest software compatible to high end gear very challenging bang for your buck..
i bought one while back @ bcf a mine lab go find series 22''

i had it set on mid depth bouncing around @ semaphore and kept getting readings something 3ft, 4 ft auto tracking is great without pinpointing in the 22 model but it just takes a moment to get your mark first trial run with the 22 today 2 hours or so, i went home with $13 in 20c & 50c peaces 8 bucks in goldies a bottle opener and a rusty watch,

id never had expected such sensitivity in there discriminating abilities, there virtually plug n play in this case unfold batteries in turn on and go... i got a bit fed up actually lol due to repeat deep targets 4-5 ft clear as day on mid level, in the water knee deep still getting deep reads i threw my shovel to test aswel, straight on it, it did miss the beam twice but repeat comb slowly and bang she passed...

i got tired of digging up bottle caps so bloody deep few coins made worthy on lowest level about 2 inches above the ground things were quiet one 5 c peace more of a visual, but here n there get strong deep readings and makes ye think how actual deep can i get her readings a fair effort haha
overall im impressed only downside is so deep some of these holes, i do however encourage this model to bounce on deep targets 3-5 ft comfy as a mofo... im telling you on lowest levels rings & coins light up strong as a ox on max depth you will be digging a while..

plenty of coins out there but some are just to deep lol.

shes a champ the old minelab go find series 22''
she packs a hell of a punch possibly not as refined or pinpointed (hence upgrade to untested 44/66) but she will not miss those deep finds..

:perfect:

Hi all , Im sure this subject has been covered and I apologise, I bought my wife a go find 44 for Xmas ( not sure how it will go down lol ) and just wondering if anyone can give me a bit of a quick start on tids for coins, any help greatly appreciated
Cheers Jim

I've got the older 40, I can check the modern coin TIDs at lunch time but I imagine they are going to be almost all in the fourth, top segment. Brass and copper predecimals are consistently in the top segment for me. Silvers are a bit different, most threepences I've dug have rung up in the third section (solidly at about 2", pretty jumpy at 5" or so). I've only dug one sixpence but I think it was in the third segment as well. If I recall, 1c and 2c tend to ring up in the second segment. I'll check out the modern coins later.

Surprised myself with the results... tested the coins dropped onto heavily mineralised soil, they all locked into a solid number except for the $2:

• 1st segment (nail) - 5c[/*]
  • 2nd segment (foil) - 10c[/*]
  • 3rd segment (ring) - 20c, 50c[/*]
  • 4th segment (coin) - $1, $2 - two dollars constantly jumped between 3/4[/*]

Ok thanks for that, I havent taken it out of the wrapping it came in , I didnt realise it was in segments, I bought it online from BCF for my wife as a Xmas present , it was $230 delivered so I couldnt resist , thanks again, Jim

Hi everyone,

Everysince I came to AUS I wanted to have detector. I consider my self a human metal detector as I found loads of money just laying on ground already :) yet wanted to enhance my special ability by buying a chinesse coppy of garrett detector. After 5 hunts and roughly $30 dollars in finds I started to get annoyed by so many false signals and slow processing so I decided to buy go find 44. Yesterday it finnaly came by post and I had to go to beach straight away with my GF. I have to tell my first expressions are just great! It is fast, easy for newb, pinpoint works great and for the money it cost it is a great hobby detector I reckon. But as I said, I just started and that is just my subjective opinion. And the best part - first hunt (roughly 1 hour) we managed to find $7 & my GF tried it her self and found gold ring in 5 mins :) so we are both hooked & detector payed for it self in less then hour. Loving this new hobby & hopefully this is going to help undecided people a little bit as it was really confusing for me to get a metal detector to serve my needs.

Regards, Richard!

Thank you guys for warm welcome! Today second hunt, $10.80 in coins + second RING in 2 hours ! this time silver one, so not much value there, but builds excitement in us and that is the main reason anyway, not material gain. And that bluetooth app I find as big pro, as if we go together, my GF can have headphones in phone + me in machine and we can both listen to tone. And it shows you pretty accurate what coin is burried in sand.

Thanks Richard

Good choice, I have a Go Find 40 that I flogged to death in the scrub swinging over just the worst soils, got pretty in tune with it. They are damn good honestly and the 40/44 is very much worth the asking price when on special. The perfect machine for anyone looking for a first coin/relic detector to try out the hobby, and there aren't many machines that fold up as compact and as easily as the Go Find. Only gotcha is the plastic build which isn't exactly durable in the long term but honestly by the time it craps out it'll be a great excuse to upgrade!

Was wondering if anyone has had experience with this and if it is any good ?
I cant afford $1000 for a gold monster :(

Daniel, the Go-find series are entry level coin/jewellery/relic hunters. a far cry from a gold hunter.
follow Peters advice above, or keep a look out for a 2nd hand Gold Monster or one of many VLF machines aimed at gold hunting.