Equinox 600 v Fisher F19

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been trying to decide whether to sell my Fisher F19 as I have just bought an Equinox 600. I made some basic in air testing to compare and the F19 does not seem to be as capable as the latest electronics found in the Equinox. No real surprise but I was curious to see whether the 19kHz frequency of the F19 would bring something extra that the Equinox 600 could not offer.

Here is my spreadsheet of results for anyone interested (all numbers are mm from coil where a target signal was first audible):

1526272687_835d9bf8-7857-49b8-ac68-27b6f39295a9.jpg

Notes:
- F19 was run with a TigerMD 10x13in coil. Sensitivity and threshold ramped up as far as practical with machine still usable.
- Equinox 600 run with the standard 11in coil. Column marked factory is with no adjustments (straight after a factory reset), column marked sen.25 is with the sensitivity ramped up to 25, column marked all metal is also with sensitivity ramped up to 25. Machine was at limit if useable at sensitivity 25.
- Test was run outside with built in speakers as opposed headphones.

I was certainly impressed by the gold nugget results on the Equinox and would be very curious to see a similar test made with an Equinox 800 comparing the preset Gold modes / single frequencies against the presets found on the Equinox 600. I wonder if here is any real world difference ....

Anyway based on these results Im selling my F19.

Phil

Try some sub grammers, even down to 0.1g.

The 600 in Multi is very impressive. A smaller elliptical coil would make it even better, but may be some time before we see one for the Nox?? Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Latest posts