Hello from Port Hedland

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, Thanks for having us on your forum. My partner and I moved up into the sunny Pilbara about 18 months ago and have been out exploring a bit in between fishing and tripping back and forwards to Perth to catch up with family. Bit the bullet, geared up with a 2300 off gumtree and a second hand 7000 off Ray in K-Town and have been slowly been getting my head around using Geoview. This has so far resulted in a great heap of rusty metal, bullets and boot nails for me - in between digging lots of dirty great holes chasing ground noise! (slowly getting smarter on that - I may be a slow learner but I do learn eventually!). The girl has found a couple of specks to let us know it is out there but its definitely looking like I need some advice!. We have always loved getting out in the middle of nowhere four wheel driving, fishing, fossicking and exploring so getting any colour is just a bonus really - guess we are the classic green horn hobby prospectors at the moment.
Looking forward to spending some more time out back now its cooling off again and would love to hear from any one else into the same sort of thing up this way - of course any advice on how to up our success rate would be gratefully accepted too!!!!
Hope everyone's having a great day.
Regards Jamie.

Howdy to you both. It's warming up here at Hill End campground, it's reached 6.7 ... yay! Finding rubbish is just part of the deal.
1526078098_krustytheclown.jpg

Latest posts