Travelling Newbies

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,
The wife and I are both retired and based in Brisbane, but are now in the early stages of a 12 month trip around Australia. (Currently in Townsville). We have been fossickers and noodlers for about 10 years and I have tried my hand at a little detecting with a Minelab Eureka Gold around Cloncurry and more recently with a GPX5000 in Tasmania but with no success :(. (Hence the Username). We hopefully will be working our way through the NT to WA towards the end of the year. I have promised my brother in law who is bed bound through a stroke that I would bring him back a nugget from this trip. To that end I would appreciate any assistance/guidance to help me achieve my promise with locations or more particular best local settings. I would really like to find more than one so that we can have one as well. As mentioned I have a GPX5000 with standard mono and double D coils.
Thanking you in advance.

Regards

NV

Hi NV,

Seen that you are currently in Townsville I can vouch that you should find some gold if you head up to Western Creek between Forsayth and Georgetown. The owners are very nice people. The fees are $15 a day to detect and $5 a day if you are only camping. There is a toilet/shower block with 2 of each and a hot water choofer.

There will be other prospectors there who should help you if required.

If you get up there say hello to the owners for me, Shirley and Jeff.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts