New to prospecting and to this forum..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Padre

Steve
Reaction score
Hi All,
WE (me and my family) are all new to this. Went out for a bit of a scratch in some dirt with the kids and came away very keen to know more. I have already enjoyed looking through a number of your post and I'm looking forward to being part of this community!!

Steve

Welcome Steve and family.

You should be able to gather a lot of info on the forum to help you out. What part of Australia are you in and what type of fossicking/prospecting are you into?

Cheers

Doug

Hi guys,
Thanks for the welcome. We live in Ingham, North QLD, only new to this game so open to anything. We are taking 4 months LSL and camping our way eventualy to Melbourne. So if anyone has any recommendations for places a family can prospect, I'd love to hear it. :)

Hi Steve,

Going by what others have say, if you are going anywhere near Inverell NSW stop into Billabong Blue and have a go for saphires. I beleive that you can camp there also. Plenty of places along your journey to check out. Do some reading through the forum and you should be able to plan a great trip.

Cheers

Doug

Welcome to the forum Steve
Nundle, Hargraves, Sofala , Tuena , Ofir are just a few of places you can spend time camping and prospecting.
Get up to 10 posts and the members area of the forum opens up to you and you can send and receive PMs
Im pretty sure there will be posts in the members area later on for weekends away as well that you can go to and meet some of the forum members or let every one know a place your entending to head to and some one will be sure to be heading that way too.
:Y:

1525324475_23.jpg

Rockhunter62 said:
Hi Steve,

Going by what others have say, if you are going anywhere near Inverell NSW stop into Billabong Blue and have a go for saphires. I beleive that you can camp there also. Plenty of places along your journey to check out. Do some reading through the forum and you should be able to plan a great trip.

Cheers

Doug
Thanks Mate, sounds good!!

nucopia said:
Welcome to the forum Steve
Nundle, Hargraves, Sofala , Tuena , Ofir are just a few of places you can spend time camping and prospecting.
Get up to 10 posts and the members area of the forum opens up to you and you can send and receive PMs
Im pretty sure there will be posts in the members area later on for weekends away as well that you can go to and meet some of the forum members or let every one know a place your entending to head to and some one will be sure to be heading that way too.
:Y:

Awesome, thanks for the welcome. Now to hit the older post to find out some more info. :)

G'day Padre and family welcome to PA when you get to Victoria let us know and we'll try and fit in a day.

RM Outback said:
G'day Padre and family welcome to PA when you get to Victoria let us know and we'll try and fit in a day.

Thanks RM, that would be awesome. Hopefully we will be somewhat acclimatised by then. I'm not sure it was the wisest move heading south in winter, but it will be a new experience.

Thanks,

Steve

Howdy mate and welcome to the site . Heading up to Cardwell later in the year so if you like we may be able to catch up .
Know a good spot up that way we could do some panning

philbert21 said:
Howdy mate and welcome to the site . Heading up to Cardwell later in the year so if you like we may be able to catch up .
Know a good spot up that way we could do some panning

Sounds great mate, hopefully we are still around :)

Latest posts