ProspectorPete videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Both Prospector B and myself meet up once a month to do a bit of prospecting around the Gippsland area, the first video was of last months trip to a new spot we stumbled on the month prior. We did a quick clean up after every bucket of 1/2" classified material so we could track the streak of gold, very quick with the AM Grubstake.

The second video was taken yesterday when we returned to search for more gold from this spot.
Although the creek has very limited flow we managed to get my Gold Rat custom river sluice to run (just), it's a credit to G0lddigg@ who built me the sluice for small creek low flow situations, only 2 tiny specks and 2 small species were found in the miners moss, the rest of the gold was in the first 5 cm of hog mat, it was great to get this sluice wet again and great to only do a clean up before lunch and one at the end of the day, the amount of ironstone in the matting and miners moss was crazy for about 20 buckets of 1/2" classified material.
[video=480,360][/video]

Here's one of the little species from yesterday.
1435476503_dsc07121.jpg

Nice videos boys, it looks like a top location. Thanks for sharing it with us. Best of luck for the next time. Just a thought, have you tried any material from outside of the water flow? I have picked up some nice colour from a secondary flow line [the flood overflow] in one of the creeks that I have a dig in. Anyway you're having a good run so keep it up. Cheers, Rick

That's a nice piece of gold there Pete! The videos are good too :D

That's a good point Rick, once we are done in the creek we will probably start looking outside it. Good to hear that you have had some success with this approach, it gives me some hope!

Dry Blowing around Rushworth.
I went out last weekend dry blowing for gold around the Rushworth area and although the results weren't quite as good as the sampling of that spot previously it ended up a fun trip, we also sampled a reef that I'd known about for 12 months and the results are very promising for the next trip.

At first I was going to guess Old lead, but after a couple of views it doesn't show up the burn off.

The candle gums narrow it down to a few other places but not really familiar with where this was shot. Any way I hope you got some good gold.

Latest posts