Raking Techniques and Tips

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Does anyone have any words of wisdom when it comes to raking patches. For example how much of an area to rake, to what depth etc.

TIA.

Sourdough Moe said:
Rake tell ur to ved rock that detect than move your cirvle bigger as reaking the over beeden towrds the center

Something about raking till you hit bedrock .... detect that area ..... then make your circle bigger ....raking the overburden back toward the center which you have already detected.

- In layman's terms ... don't rake crap onto ground you haven't detected yet. -

Me personally I don't bother raking very often. I scrub the coil on the ground pushing the coil under leaves and anything else that's in the way so the coil is as close to the ground as possible.

All rakers should put signs up "Raking this way" so that other can locate them even earlier to finish off what you miss why your back at home working :D

I just don't understand why you would want to rake a area and inform all that you are finding gold in and around the area.

Over the years I havd come across small raked area's only to see them a month later with the whole side face of a hill raked and it will never be reinstated to what it once was. :N:

Crazy Fish wrote.

I cut and pasted it into google translate, it does most languages unfortunately whiskey x malamute isnt one of them

:/ :p :) :lol: You are one mad bugger MT...... keep it up :Y:

Rob.

Latest posts