The Hustings - NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea what gems or stones might be found around the mid north coast of NSW,I am looking at branching out maintaining my independence.

Not much close to the Coast... Other side of the range you might find something... A bit of Gold and some Blue Quartz up in the hills behind Port Macquarie and some very small sapphires(too small to do anything with) and Gold up behind Wingham... Have heard of some Gold around Telegraph Point, Nambucca, Taylors Arm.... Kempsey also has some gold up in the hills.... That's all I can think of ATM.... Are you on Mid north coast or Far north coast? Google is your friend... :lol:

LW....

Hello hello
Lonewolf mentioned gold in the telegraph point area
Can anyone tell me more about that
I live in telegraph point and wouldnt mind trying my luck
TIA
Agateman

Thank you for the welcome
The Port Macquarie area is a geological anomaly
I have lived here for fifty years
There are many different things to fossick for here
Fossils,Agate and even halite opal
I am yet to find any gold in the local area
The tin mines at bellangary also have silver and topaz which is clear to a very light blue
Thanks again for the welcome and please let me know of any other places to have a scratch about
Cheers
Agateman

Hey Agateman!
Do you have any info on agates or halite opal around the mid-north coast? I've never chased agates and am very interested in the search for them, I've just joined a lapidary club so am very excited to keep finding more gems and minerals!
Cheers,
Dan

Cheers Jaros! Have been sapphire fossicking for a couple of years now but am started to do short trips more regularly, and am also starting to look at branching out into other minerals etc. Tell you what there's no limit to the possibilities!!

What a great way to spend time in the bush too!

Latest posts