My finds 2018 by ctxkid

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Detectorist said:
How did you find the 17 inch coil? Still picked up the silver ok?

The 17" coil doesn't lose much sensitivity if any, it really increased my finds on the beaches as I can cover huge amouts of ground with it. It punches deep too. It's not much good in heavy trash though.

Heatho said:
Detectorist said:

The 17" coil doesn't lose much sensitivity if any, it really increased my finds on the beaches as I can cover huge amouts of ground with it. It punches deep too. It's not much good in heavy trash though.
lost none to me , i could pinpoint it 5 out 6 spot on,the only thing , it said most things were deeper than for real ( usually accurate to a cm) and it fluttered on fainter pinpoints

ctxkid said:
Heatho said:
Detectorist said:

lost none to me , i could pinpoint it 5 out 6 spot on,the only thing , it said most things were deeper than for real ( usually accurate to a cm) and it fluttered on fainter pinpoints

Yeah the depth indicator does change between the 11" and 17", must have been calibrated for the 11 maybe.

a pretty good half hour :cool: baby sitting my grandson (3yr old) we went to "dig some holes with pop"
after half hr we were hungry, thirsty and heading for home :)
1526616211_p1120234.jpg

Goldpick said:
Yet another English silver, was worthwhile having a go over flogged again. :)
and again today, minus silver to me, i would have luv'd what i have now, back in the hey day of the area , it would have been mind blowing

Latest posts