My finds 2018 by ctxkid

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today's wealth for toil
1525834298_p1120191.jpg

My oval hunt from the other night was pretty similar as well, I didn't even bother posting it in the end - happens all the time when testing out new areas.

Reminds me that I am not the only active detectorist in the area. :)

Goldpick said:
My oval hunt from the other night was pretty similar as well, I didn't even bother posting it in the end - happens all the time when testing out new areas.

Reminds me that I am not the only active detectorist in the area. :)
this patch just keeps giving over 250 coins, 2 were flozzies , so i just like being able to still pull coins from it

Yes I too have my favourite spots that have provided plenty of coins over the years, and despite the ever decreasing number of coins I am still drawn back for another go. Guess I am hoping for a pocket of predecs missed previously (maybe a bit too hopeful) - anyway, all a bit of fun mixed in with some exercise. ;)

The secret to keeping on pulling coins from your spots so you can still have fun during your outings is to give yourself a coin limit or a time limit not be exceeded during any one single hunt unless by accidentally finding in bulk.
I find that being happy with just one silver keeps my tally low but coins still in the ground for other times.
Of course it's a different matter if time on the ground will be limited by a drastic change in the nature of the use of that land in the very near future causing an absolute restriction forevermore.. in that case you must dig in quickly to retrieve all you can while you can.
;) ;) ;)

silver said:
The secret to keeping on pulling coins from your spots so you can still have fun during your outings is to give yourself a coin limit or a time limit not be exceeded during any one single hunt unless by accidentally finding in bulk.
I find that being happy with just one silver keeps my tally low but coins still in the ground for other times.
Of course it's a different matter if time on the ground will be limited by a drastic change in the nature of the use of that land in the very near future causing an absolute restriction forevermore.. in that case you must dig in quickly to retrieve all you can while you can.
;) ;) ;)
Haha I wish I lived where you do mate..every man and his dog is detecting my area these days..I liked it much better when it was just me :mad: :lol:

silver said:
;) ;) ;)

agreed , with the way my mobility is fading at present , i can comfy go about an hour , give or take :8
the other day i detected till i gave up and watched, just on 4 hours, it hurt :(
it is just essential i do it as it is exercise for body and brain :cool: but must know one's limits 8.(

I watch some of my old spots getting cleaned out by others....but 8.( ... it's O K , I guess :eek:
Ya learn to live with it as others learn as well. 8) :eek: .... :D :Y:

That 1834 Shilling is a beaut

Typical of an old Mining town

That fat Penny could be 1806-07 ..?

Any chance of a better pic ..?

Trash said:
That 1834 Shilling is a beaut

Typical of an old Mining town

That fat Penny could be 1806-07 ..?

Any chance of a better pic ..?
yep...these came from near an old inn, very prosperous region in the day
it is smaller than a cartwheel , but bigger than a stock penny, i will photo and weight it against a cart wheel today !

Latest posts