Big Holes For Rubbish

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigjilm

Phil hughes
Reaction score
Dug this hole for rubbish,anyone else got photos of huge holes theyve dug for crap?
1523529449_20180320_073443.jpg
1523529465_20180320_073524.jpg

Thats what gets me every target with the sdc was out and identified in under 10 minutes if not 3 min , the Z can torture the user and it is impossible to believe the depth of some items even more so when you think its virgin dirt as you dig.
The sdc deffinently improves the chance of gold simply by the targets dug per day , i just wish the Z had a depth gauge on it :lol: ..
I have both and 9 times of ten i grab the Z as it does everything the sdc can. I havent dug more than 2ft deep yet but the time will come.

Wow, yeah I've dug many holes like that in the past and never been particularly keen to take a snap shot after. Deep targets on mullock heaps or old workings I don't bother with unless I'm detecting goldfields known for large gold. If it's undisturbed ground I'll happily dig to the core of the earth.

If someone gets a kick out of digging up lots of deep junk in the hope they'll hit the jackpot more power to them. I dig deep targets when there's a good chance I'm not going to pull out a horsehoe or I'm in big nugget territory (GT/WA). As for a meter+ hole dug from a mullock heap in Tibooburra. No thanks, someone else can take that chance. :Y:

Yep. Been there and done that a few times now.

A couple deep ones over the years with the Zed and GPX just chasing nothing more than ground noise. :N:

The only positive is that it's definitely a good cardio workout! (if you can call that a positive?) :lol:

I have hit a couple well past a few feet, Found an Iron 5 bar fence that had been squashed flat, It covered an area the size of a fairlane, and once I dug over 2 feet deep to find the parts of an old Brass lamp, Aladdin was not in sight and the Genie was long gone, :lol: :lol: :lol: :Y:

Hello,everyone.
I used to go to a coupla' Aussie Web sites.don't remember the names of them anymore.Night jar was a big Poster.And I remember reading about the Adventures of "The Lady of the Lakes"..She was a real Hoot.Her and her Sister.And I remember seeing this One photo of some poor Bastard standing in what looked like a Bomb Crater,almost to his Waist,holding a Old Sardine Can,and the look on his Face,I think it was disgust.
ken.

Latest posts