7000 + sP01 What settings have you changed since adding the enhancer?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Interested to know how your settings have changed since adding a steelphase sP01 to your setup?

My settings:

Before the sP01 =

DIFFICULT
HIGH YIELD
SENS 16-18
AUDIO SMOOTHING - OFF
GROUND SMOOTHING - OFF
THRESHOLD 27-33
SEMI AUTO GB
VOLUME 12
VOLUME LIMIT 16

With the sP01=

DIFFICULT
HIGH YIELD
SENS 16-18
AUDIO SMOOTHING - OFF
GROUND SMOOTHING - OFF
THRESHOLD 27-33
SEMI AUTO GB
VOLUME 04
VOLUME LIMIT 16

Cheers

Im debating getting one what do reckon ,are they user friendly ?,and round about price ?

Flatlander said:
Im debating getting one what do reckon ,are they user friendly ?,and round about price ?

I personally think any boost or enhancement that would favour you in finding the yellow is worth it, just had mine delivered today but unfortunately wont be able to test it for another few weeks...Dam that leave pass :(

Cheers

Great Northern - welcome to the forum.

Thanks for putting up your settings.

So you've been able to run the Z volume lower and I assume turn up the audio on the booster. Has this made the Z substantially smoother with regard to EMI? Any other improvements?

I assume you're Northern Australia somewhere? General/difficult is a good combo for those bigger 5+ gram bits ;)

GreatNorthern said:
Interested to know how your settings have changed since adding a steelphase sP01 to your setup?

My settings:

Before the sP01 =

DIFFICULT
HIGH YIELD
SENS 16-18
AUDIO SMOOTHING - OFF
GROUND SMOOTHING - OFF
THRESHOLD 27-33
SEMI AUTO GB
VOLUME 12
VOLUME LIMIT 16

With the sP01=

DIFFICULT
HIGH YIELD
SENS 16-18
AUDIO SMOOTHING - OFF
GROUND SMOOTHING - OFF
THRESHOLD 27-33
SEMI AUTO GB
VOLUME 04
VOLUME LIMIT 16

Cheers

And your results before and after might help others. Not having a dig but settings are settings so why did you change yours.

I like the SP01 as i have a simple arms reach to change the volume. I am only running the volume lower on the machine and higher on the booster from what i have read on forums.

I have had a hard time finding the correct colour recently, i swang the 19" coil with he SP01 from the start of the year until now.

Up the northwest plenty of mineralisation and EMI like crazy, have been toying with some lighter sensitivity settings recently and jumped back to the 14" coil and running diffiult/general/sens 9-12 /volume 8 /target volume 7. Runs a lot more stable.

I did however pull the SDC2300 out and ran it over a 10m/10m patch which i had done to death with both the GPZ and SDC and when adding the SP01 and headphones pulled a piece so small it wont register on scales.

Im guessing/hoping id hear 80% of the gold i walk over, more then likely not in the right spot!

But yes the aim of this post is to see owners who have the SP01 if their GPZ settings changed drastically with the addition of the enhance/booster.

Cheers

Bit the bullet ordered enhancer etc , thanks for coments and info they are appreciated Flatlander

SteelPat said:
Gravity said:
How do I connect it to use via WM12...?

Cheers

Plug the sP01 into the wm12. Then plug headphones into sP01

Hi SteelPat and thanks for the reply,

Can I use it without the headphones and just use the WM12 only ?

Hi Gravity,

Not sure when SteelPat will get back here so will give your question a go. I saw it the other day but left it for someone who has used one.

I am assuming that they are set up very similarly to the B&Z which is what I use.

So the signal will go from the 7000 to the WM12 wirelessly.

The WM12 is plugged into the SP01.

The SP01 would then need to be either plugged into some headphones or to an external speaker. As far as I know the SP01 doesn't have a speaker of it's own (I don't know if any boosters do?).

Many people use a single or dual external speaker like the GME SPK07. Often running a speaker on each shoulder like surround sound. I just use a single one at chest level and try to get it pointed up at my head.

I'm sure SteelPat or Nenad will correct any of this if it's wrong.

It all sounds a bit fiddly but I just wear a CamelBak type pack which is very light and have attached all these items to the pack and run all the cords through the loops (which is where the water tube normally runs) and into the actual pack part where the water bladder would normally be. This keeps all of the cords out of the way, doesn't impede digging or detecting and keeps you completely wireless from the detector.

Hope that helps :Y:

Northeast said:
Hi Gravity,

Not sure when SteelPat will get back here so will give your question a go. I saw it the other day but left it for someone who has used one.

I am assuming that they are set up very similarly to the B&Z which is what I use.

So the signal will go from the 7000 to the WM12 wirelessly.

The WM12 is plugged into the SP01.

The SP01 would then need to be either plugged into some headphones or to an external speaker. As far as I know the SP01 doesn't have a speaker of it's own (I don't know if any boosters do?).

Many people use a single or dual external speaker like the GME SPK07. Often running a speaker on each shoulder like surround sound. I just use a single one at chest level and try to get it pointed up at my head.

I'm sure SteelPat or Nenad will correct any of this if it's wrong.

It all sounds a bit fiddly but I just wear a CamelBak type pack which is very light and have attached all these items to the pack and run all the cords through the loops (which is where the water tube normally runs) and into the actual pack part where the water bladder would normally be. This keeps all of the cords out of the way, doesn't impede digging or detecting and keeps you completely wireless from the detector.

Hope that helps :Y:

Thanks for the reply Northeast,

The thing is the WM12 is a wireless external speaker that's why I'm confused about it...The WM12 connects wireless to the Z and then connect the sP01 into the WM12 but do I have to have the headphone connected to it ? as I would just like to use the WM12 dual speakers.

Hope this makes sense

Cheers

Yep, makes sense but unfortunately it's not going to happen. I am guessing you have 2 X WM12's?

The problem is the system is GPZ --- WM12 --- SPo1 --- Headphones or speaker.

If it went GPZ --- SP01 --- WM12 that would work but your WM12 is the wireless receiver so needs to be first in line after the GPZ.

Again, Nenad/SP will correct me if I've fruited things up but pretty sure that's the story.

Now, if the SP01 had a wireless receiver that could receive the GPZ signal, then boost it, utilise filters where they are wanted and have a speaker all in one unit........go on Nenad, tell me I'm dreaming :lol:

Also, I think the bit about the WM12 being a wireless speaker. It is a wireless receiver and also a speaker. But as soon as you plug in the SP01 those little black circle things on the plug would be cutting off the speaker for the WM12 and sending the signal onto the SP01.

That is the least technical explanation you may ever receive about anything :D

Thanks for the clarifying Northeast much appreciated. Would this then mean...Z to WM12 connect sPo1 to WM12 then headset via sP01 done.

Or option 2; Z wireless to WM12 connect sP01 to in jack then plug in 2nd WM12 into the out jack that should in turn give audio...Am I just over complicating things or will this work ?

Cheers

Option 1 yes, indeedy.

Option 2...I think no. I am almost certain that the WM12 will not work as a speaker on the output side of the SP01. Only headphones or a proper speaker. I'm no tech genius though :rolleyes:

I reckon give Nenad a bell tomorrow and he will give you 100% correct info :Y:

Latest posts