Margaret Diggings NT Northern Territory

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all I'm at Pine Creek Nt
Would really appreciate recommendations for areas close by to a have look at at for a beginner with minimal equipment at this stage.
Thanks in advance

Look for David Langley on the finders forum(dave in Darwin) he has leases out at Margaret diggings and allows people to detect / pan out there, he would be the best bet

What gear do you have? There is heaps of gold in the pine creek town area. I have been highbanking and dry blowing near the dump and doing well.
I am happy to show you what I have been doing if you want to pm me your phone number. I will prob be doing a bit there after work today.

Hi Shep I will definitely pm as soon as I work out how. I'm very new and trying to gather as much information as possible before really trying my hand at prospecting . Currently looking into buying a metal detector was looking at a Garrett but ideally would want a mine lab but funds could affect my purchase . Have built a sluice and crusher . Just collected samples from around the yard . Found an interesting speci not sure exactly what it is been told quartz and rose quartz . Would appreciate all information you have to offer.

Pine Creek is at the centre
1523833000_pine_creek_nt.jpg

Every where except for two small blocks near the dump at pine are under lease and you will need permission from both the mineral lease holder and the land owner to fossick.

Want to go to Pine Creek in August and believe a new prospecting spot opened .. Spring something. Can anyone tell where a reasonably easy place to pan, sluice or detect in the area?

Latest posts