Are Settings for a Double D the Same as a Mono Coil? GPX5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I use a GPX 5000 and for the past 12 months have a Nugget Finder 12" Evo virtually glued to it and have found plenty of gold so am happy with my current settings

I'm about to work a patch that I know has gold but the area is trashy, plus there's an overhead power line nearby so plan on using the 11" DD the machine came with

its been so long since I used a DD that I cant remember if the settings would be the same except for the switch on the front being set to DD

any advice on DD settings for a 5000?

yeah, I get the cancel mode for when near power lines

but I also want to use the DD in order to use the iron reject. just wondering what settings to use

Cancel is the way to with near by power lines .use the disc on low numbers 4 or 5 , soil T normal, general normal, you can bring your gain 18 target vol even try using the audio in boost if that's to erratic just go back to normal :Y: regards john

Easiest way to work trashy sites is coil switch on DD, Normal timing, Fixed ground Balance, Custom Search mode - and select High Trash in the menu. The default High Trash search mode settings are great. Blank out iron very well.

thanks for the clues. there's some iron relics in the area so want to select iron reject as well

the area I want to work is a fairly big paddock with a power line running over it. there will be plenty of areas there where the power line wont be an issue as will be far enough away, but the amount of buried iron will be

are you saying to leave the mono coil on and switch the setting on the front over to DD then Hi Trash? can you do that and also select Iron Reject as well with the mono?

No, you'll need to use a DD coil if you want to use the Iron Reject function. Hi Trash mode has the Iron Reject already turned up, so you don't have to make any tweaks in the menu initially.

The GPX discrimination with DD coils is not effective using Cancel or Mono modes, only DD mode works properly with discrimination.

JP