Backup detector...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cabwoody

Darren
Reaction score
Just bought a backup to the 800, and for the kids to use....Equinox 600 from Anaconda at a great Easter Sale price of $799.20. Bargain! ?
1522556196_20180401_140834-1008x756.jpg

Nuggetbuster said:
What?! Under $800?

:eek:
Yes, you read it correctly... $799. It's only the 600, but will be a great backup to the 800, and an excellent detector for the kids to use. I think the special price is part of their 20-50% storewide Easter sale. I had already planned to buy a 600 as a second unit, so when I saw this price ($200 off RRP) I jumped at it.

Nuggetbuster said:
Anaconda have their cyclical sale on again. EQUINOX 600 = $799.20

https://www.anacondastores.com/spor...nelab-equinox-600-metal-detector/p/BP90127644

I don't know how Minelab allow them to do that - if I were a Minelab dealer, especially a long-term one, I'd be livid.

having previously worked for them they offer the store wide deals at their cost, very rarely do any of the suppliers offer them a rebate/discount so they can run these sales.

They make enough margin from their own branded product even when on sale to cover any cost associate with selling the other line at or below cost.

the only thing mine lab would have control over is the supply contract and obviously they haven't got any terms about minimum retail pricing.

Mine lab are not the only products affected by this, i also worked in a retail fishing tackle shop and you were always having to deal with the BCF & anaconda sales, this is just a fact of retail competition, it was up to us as the retailers to come up with better ways to manage this such as doing package deals and offering added value with things such as training or high value(perceived value) accessories to win a customer over from buying product at 20% off from the big guys. adding a spool of line, some lures and terminal tackle to a package would nearly always get you the sale, and the discounted accessories still gave you good margin.

there are a few detector retailers who are onto this and use the Bundling method, they are able to offer very good value to their customers even if a competitor sells the detector on its own at a better price.

in the end the competition is good for the consumer and as long as the independent retailers can offer more than just he "raw Product" they will be able to compete with the big box stores and build loyal relationships with their customers and for the most part leave pricing out of the equation.

Apparently you can order the Equinox 800 from them for $1032 at the moment, I read it on a Facebook group today.

HoudiniHarry said:
I will need to order one at that price

Yeah bloody good price alright if the information is correct. I suppose a quick ring or visit to them will tell the story.

HoudiniHarry said:
Yes you were correct just over 1k for equinox 800 this weekend can order in $1067

Cheers

There you go that's a really good buy, I did have my doubts as I read it on facebook but glad it was the real deal and you scored a bargain.
The RRP is $1299 I think... that's what I paid for mine anyway.

cheers

Wow that's a pretty good price, never crossed my mind to ask them if they could special order the 800. I just noticed the 600 has gone back up to $999 on the website but as Nuggetbuster suggests they are cyclical sales and will pop up again.

eBay seems to have a permanent 5% off code these days so the 800 comes down to $1234.05 but yeah it certainly pays to shop around.

So what is the value of the 7000 really? With mass production how can they still ask the stupid price of near ten grand? What a scam!!!!

Reg Wilson said:
So what is the value of the 7000 really? With mass production how can they still ask the stupid price of near ten grand? What a scam!!!!

Not really a scam. Demand and supply. People are buying them. If they was not the demand the price may come down, Minelab are there to make a profit. And yes I agree 10 k is too much but while people are prepared to pay they will sell. There are other options.

Cheers

At 10k peoples dreams continue to live,and with spot gold around $1650 - $1700 per ounce most people can imagine paying for their machine.

But buying a good second hand hardly used machine with extra's always seems smart to me with plenty around already collecting dust.

Also no one forces people to buy anything,so buyer beware because dreams can become expensive.

Good hunting :Y:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts