Rockhounds Nox 800 finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gravity said:
Rockhound said:
Gravity said:
Hi Rockhound great finds and thanks so much for posting,

Looks like your mate is using a 3030. How would you rate his against your Nox 800 as I'm looking at getting another detector mainly for beach and park.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers :Y:

P.S Quote , And a couple of hunts at my old honey hole....That's not a golf course is it ??? I could use an old club to make it look like I was swinging but secretly digging a hole haha.
Hey mate :Y: We've never tested the the Nox against the 3030 so I couldn't say.And I've haven't had the Nox at the beach yet so my experience is limited to park/turf hunting which the Nox does very well :Y:
nah not a golfcourse mate it's an old Showground :Y:

Thanks for the feed back :Y:

Why not do a test...would love to see or hear first hand experience without favour to each machine, I'm mainly after a beach detector as I'm planning at few trips along the coast, already have a Z but don't want that kind of weight hanging off my arm for a relaxed beach detect...Think the Nox may be just the right machine but little real research on beaches comparing the two.

If you ever get a chance to hit the salt with your mate please share you're experience NOX VS 3030

Cheers

What would you like to know Gravity? A few of us beach hunters here have the Nox and the 3030, they are both totally different detectors. In my opinion the CTX is still king on the beach, especially with the 17" coil but it's a heavy beast with that setup. The Nox is very light but the discrimination is not as good as the CTX, they both punch quite deep but I feel the CTX punches a bit deeper. They are both excellent detectors, when the 15" coil comes out for the Nox that will move it up a notch for beach hunting.

Anyway you won't go wrong with either detector. The Nox is half the price but way more than half the detector, that's probably the best way I can put it.

Gravity said:
Rockhound said:
Gravity said:
Hi Rockhound great finds and thanks so much for posting,

Looks like your mate is using a 3030. How would you rate his against your Nox 800 as I'm looking at getting another detector mainly for beach and park.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers :Y:

P.S Quote , And a couple of hunts at my old honey hole....That's not a golf course is it ??? I could use an old club to make it look like I was swinging but secretly digging a hole haha.
Hey mate :Y: We've never tested the the Nox against the 3030 so I couldn't say.And I've haven't had the Nox at the beach yet so my experience is limited to park/turf hunting which the Nox does very well :Y:
nah not a golfcourse mate it's an old Showground :Y:

Thanks for the feed back :Y:

Why not do a test...would love to see or hear first hand experience without favour to each machine, I'm mainly after a beach detector as I'm planning at few trips along the coast, already have a Z but don't want that kind of weight hanging off my arm for a relaxed beach detect...Think the Nox may be just the right machine but little real research on beaches comparing the two.

If you ever get a chance to hit the salt with your mate please share you're experience NOX VS 3030

Cheers

Did a test on the beach with a fellow detectorist 2 weeks ago. He had a ctx and I was using the Nox . We dropped a 2 dollar coin in the wet sand about 10 inches deep . Both machines picked up the target , although it did seem to be on the edge of the eqs depth capability with the current coil. Vid number was jumpy at that depth and sound not consistent . The ctx had no worries having the advantage with the bigger coil and no problems with target Id at that depth . Another test at 13 inches and the ctx picked up the coin , and was out of range with the Nox . Splitting hairs really over a few inches . Same results in the dry sand . Nox seemed to do better in a foot of water over the ctx interestingly , maybe due to different coils? The Nox is more sensitive to EMI , but is lightweight and has better iron unmasking ability. Target discrimination is not close to the ctx . All in all the Nox is a good detector on the beach .

Hi all :Y: Got out for a hunt yesterday arvo hit the old honeyhole again.The council has been busy and exposed some new ground for me which was nice of them :D Anyways here's the find's....
1526198080_img_2459.jpg
1526198100_img_2454.jpg
1526198122_img_2455.jpg
1526198142_img_2456.jpg
Happy Hunting RH :cool:

Mind blowing dual smashing those Silvers ...!!

Those coins see you two coming & know they are going to be saved ....

Latest posts