Anyone else find literally everything except gold?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An Echidna! Now that is cool.
My bug to bear is foil, so many shapes and sizes, always a clear sharp tone and not always the same numbers.
As a newbie I read this and take on the encouragement as if I had asked th question.
Cheers one and all.
Matt T

Yep we find alsorts stuff
Boot and packing case nails in the middle of nowhere
One wonders how the bloody hell they got there
The thrill of the chase

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

If your finding lots of junk in one area sometimes that can be good means that it hasnt been cleaned out just depends on how long you can put up with digging it up sometimes I drag a large magnet to clear any surface junk then detect that area you still get junk but not as much stick with it and you will find a bit cheers Muk .

No Jaros I use a large magnet that is used in mining to plug up holes in chutes until they can be repaird a friend gave it to me its 300mm x 200mm and very strong works well cheers Muk.

1522669355_img_20180402_213931.jpg

Hi Owenh1
This is what I got for 3 1/2 solid days detecting out of both previous worked areas (you get less trash from them because you should have already removed most of it ) and new locations. Should give rough idea of gold v's trash ratio. 4 bits of gold bottom of photo.
Cheers Jamie

Looks good to me ML. Hopefully i'll get the chance to head back out again to the same spot in the next week or so. It is reassuring picking lots of things up in an area, as i guess it does show that the ground hasn't been detected to death, unless people are digging up junk and then putting it back.. :eek:

Yep I have been detecting for about 3yrs now and found 1 bit of 0.65g I can get more in a single day on the pan.
I have so many old nails I could build a barn and enough lead to supply a small army with reloads.
Gets very frustrating but most of the areas I get to have been well and truely smashed over by detectors so some times I wonder how Im even finding junk.
My best fugget so far would be a 3 pence found at Stuart town.
I have seen people pull nuggets where I detect some too small for my 4500 11dd combo to see so I will probably get a new coil like a Sadie or similar and go over those spots again in hopes the sdc operators havent cleaned it all out lol

have no anticipation, and avoid disappointment :Y:

research is a great thing :Y:

just go and shoot the breeze, it will come eventually :cool:

just keep thinking of this the bush you photographed :cool: :cool:

great photo by the way :Y:

[img=...]https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7268/1522190815_night_view.jpg[/img]

Good to see this thread still getting attention :)

Since the frustration of this post Ive found gold, probably in more secluded places hence a lot less new rubbish (still the lead shot). Havent been out for a while since a car crash, but have new 4x4 wheels coming this weekend so really excited to get back out!

Matt80 said:
Honestly while the old nails and bits of scrap can annoying they are also sometimes interesting, the hot rocks in the other hand bug the crap out of me around here.
My most 'interesting' find would have to be a complete stove top about a metre deep. That was a lot of digging and l still have no I how it ended up there.

Could have been Ned Kellys first body armour prototype that he buried so as to hide evidence of his intentions!

Last time I went out I forgot to take my test nugget, every other time I have been out I have returned home with gold.

:rolleyes: Maybe you need to take more with you next time, works for me.

We're all in the same boat.
At least if you're finding junk you know others haven't been there, or at best they have been there but not thorough, and if gold us about you gave a good chance of finding it.
Keep at it and good luck.

I find lots of led, nails and brass but I really hate finding little bits of rusty tin.
Its all part of it and the gold will be amongst it some where, probably.
My worst day detecting is still better than laying on the couch watching TV.

PJG said:
I find lots of led, nails and brass but I really hate finding little bits of rusty tin.
Its all part of it and the gold will be amongst it some where, probably.
My worst day detecting is still better than laying on the couch watching TV.

Geez Pete you must be going to the same places I visit :D. Yeah that tiny rusty tin/wire wears you out when there's multiples of it :mad:.

Yeah I sometimes enjoy picking up junk that gives me a feel for where I am (buttons, bolts, big nails/pegs). Gives me a better feel for what was happening there. Nothing like the gold though.

Latest posts