You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

aadelaidean
03 September 2013 03:33 pm

Hi all a friend of mine gave me this Discriminator detector which I am very grateful for.  I have tried it out in the back yard and it works but I am wondering if anyone has heard of this brand and how would you rate it....Thankyou for any replies....
1378182778_discriminator2082851657.jpg
Cheers Debra

G0lddigg@
03 September 2013 03:45 pm

never heard of them, quick Google and found the manual though http://www.famoustrails.com/manuals/MD7030%20Manual.pdf

Sluicing life is the life for me
Engineering Gold Sluices and Highbankers

loamer
03 September 2013 03:59 pm

That is one big mother!!!

The Green Wanderer
03 September 2013 05:07 pm

I have a similar detector, probably from the same manufacturer by the looks of things. Has the same handle/ arm rest design with the same plastics and a similar coil. Even has the same font on the box and almost the same wording in the manual. Mines branded as a Maxkon Gc1010 though and is a digital display instead of the balance/ sensitivity knobs.
So far its been average, reasonable depth (about 8 inches) and good sensitivity to targets its yet to find me any valuables other than 3x 5cent pieces and a 3gram fishing sinker. On the other hand it locks straight onto stubby tops, nails and aluminium can tabs  neutral
Picks up the signal off gold and silver well, think I just need more practice with the settings yet. Not bad for the princely sum of $80 AUD.   yikes

Wandering the north wherever the trail leads.

aadelaidean
04 September 2013 09:10 pm

Thankyou guys, Golddigg the manual will be very helpful saves me playing around with buttons forever lol   Wonderer thankyou also for your comments, I think that I should try the detector out in a park asap. As I have never detected before this unit should be just fine for a biginner, it will probably take me quite awhile to get the settings right but it is a start and I am looking forward to enjoying fossicking......Cheers Debra

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site