Shark tooth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was walking along the beach earlier in the week scanning the shells and this shark tooth grabbed my attention. Probably the most unique and oldest find i have ever found.
1521800940_20180323_150038.jpg

That's a nice find treasureman I had one just like it for about 30 years it belongs to a Great White, one of my kids got hold of it and now it's gone forever :(

Gravity said:
That's a nice find treasureman I had one just like it for about 30 years it belongs to a Great White, one of my kids got hold of it and now it's gone forever :(
this is a great white tooth? awesome! or the one you had?

Nightjar said:
Come on Treasureman you're having us on with this one? ;)
hey nightjar. no definitely not having you on. I never lie. always honest and upfront. I do admit I was scanning the washed up debris like a hawk and this tooth stood out like 1 in a million. at the time didn't know it was as old as what it is. until I got home did some research and surprised its very old. keeping my eye out for more. but 1 in a million.
I plan on making it into a necklace. was thinking a thin gold loop around it that will hold it. don't like the idea of drilling a hole in it. would look good against the black

treasureman said:
Gravity said:
this is a great white tooth? awesome! or the one you had?

Mine was from a Great White as is yours, It takes hundreds of years for them to turn black but looking at the edges yours still look quite sharp so who knows, next time you visit a Zoo or Aquarium get someone in the know to have a look at it or when at a Museum look in the shark tooth fossil area you will spot one fairly quickly and it will also give you some indication of age...

What ever you do Don't go drilling a hole in it because it will break :eek: