Heatho's Equinox Madness 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes even the 705 would ignore most of those twist tops..I seem to be finding a lot of junk with the nox...but I'm sure over time I will weed a lot of it out..But I must say the nox is so much more quieter than the 705 on the beach...and goes so much deeper...sometimes I even have to check it's still on..lol..Still a nice hunt though mate :Y: Well done :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
Yes even the 705 would ignore most of those twist tops..I seem to be finding a lot of junk with the nox...but I'm sure over time I will weed a lot of it out..But I must say the nox is so much more quieter than the 705 on the beach...and goes so much deeper...sometimes I even have to check it's still on..lol..Still a nice hunt though mate :Y: Well done :Y:
Sounds a bit like the Ace ]:D

Still a productive outing despite the bottle caps Heatho. Pity the nox didn't have a higher resolution conductivity range like on the 0-99 TID detectors - would probably give a wider berth between the goldies and some of the junk targets, especially if you were thinking about employing notching.

Makes me wonder why detector manufacturers couldn't offer switchable ID ranges - one for owners used to the previous x-terra ID range, and the other for people coming from using other branded detectors with 0-99. Would make for a more seamless transition for those new to the nox.

Goldpick said:
Still a productive outing despite the bottle caps Heatho. Pity the nox didn't have a higher resolution conductivity range like on the 0-99 TID detectors - would probably give a wider berth between the goldies and some of the junk targets, especially if you were thinking about employing notching.

Makes me wonder why detector manufacturers couldn't offer switchable ID ranges - one for owners used to the previous x-terra ID range, and the other for people coming from using other branded detectors with 0-99. Would make for a more seamless transition for those new to the nox.

That would have been a great idea, all the Aussie coins are a lot closer together on TID's than the CTX as well, would have been good with a bit more of a spread between good targets. Anyway it is what it is and I'll get used to it but these trashy beaches will be difficult.

hAyyoUinAU said:
This helps somewhat. Well I found it does.
I love how the NOX gives you a lot of options to interrogate a target.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7yaVPDhsig[/video]

I did actually start doing that yesterday and hadn't even seen the vid, it did work for some caps but not all of them, maybe half, the caps aren't a standard composition and some sound better than others. Even the CTX wasn't 100% infallible with them, but just an occasional one would sneak through.

Wally69 said:
Love your community cleanup work Heath :Y: shame that part of the bottle is not worth 10c

nice handful of coins too

Wasn't a bad handful of coins, some were quite deep also, still though digging all those caps was a struggle and wasted a lot of time. Will just have to use my inbuilt discrimination more with them. I'll give it another few goes on the beaches becaus I'm a bit of a masochist, lol. :lol:

Went out to a bit odf a local historic park for a swing this morning, got there and every parking spot was taken..... upside is there were more cash cows there than I've ever seen before, will hit that later this week.

Anyway, plan B was a honey hole just 5 mins down the road, have done great there in the past and did quite well there again this morning, it's very trashy but a very busy sports field, will be hitting this spot again with the Nox for sure, got my first nice Nox ring too, a chunky 925 spinner ring.

1522559066_img_20180401_145608.jpg

1522559067_img_20180401_145619.jpg

1522559067_img_20180401_145631.jpg

Nice pieces of Silver Heatho - sixpence and great ring find . What was the VID on the ring mate? My silver rings found with the Nox have been ranging between 16 with the toe ring last night to 32 with the wide band rings - seems only coins and gold rings have a consistent VID . Also noticed no one finding any gold chains or necklaces with Nox yet .

Cheers fellas.

Dan, it was a very jumpy signal due to it having the spinning piece on it. Signal was bouncing around from 22 to 32, almost didn't dig it but the high numbers and tone kept jumping in so I thought there was maybe copper or silver, mmm glad it was silver. :)

Wasn't expecting such a nice ring.

Shame you don't live closer, we could do a swap.My pre-dec sites for your goldie sites :p
Sometimes it's good just to get some fuel money for the day. :Y:

Latest posts