Smokey's Equinox 800 Finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
roy cobb said:
SB is the nox worth the update from the 705 !
Hi Roy
If you were just doing park hunts than I would just keep the 705 as its a great discriminator...( I would say better than the Nox) ....but there really is no comparison between the two on the beach.. It really does go much deeper than the 705 and I have to keep checking that it's on cause its just so quiet...I just had the 705 a long time... and I was like you...Didn't know if it was worth the upgrade ....or even if it was an upgrade...But I am so glad I did :Y:

Tribsa 56 said:
Nice smoky. Keen to see that spoon cleaned up. Any ideas what it is.. ww2?
Hi Tribsa
How you been mate
I've searched the net but can't find that spoon..I would think it would be ww2 era as I found a lot of old coins there.It says Schiphol on it with what looks like air force wings..There is a Schiphol airport in Amsterdam :Y:
1522646117_img_20180402_27581.jpg

Cheers Guys
That Nox runs so quiet on the beach compared to the Terra.. It' picked out 2 of those thrips really deep amongst lots of iron.Had recovery and iron bias flat out and could just get a hint of high tone .Lovin it :Y:

Started researching an area I wanted to hunt.....great potential for old coins jewelry relics ECT.. But just found out it was heritage listed.....council owned area.....So I rang the council and they said yes I can detect there as long as I follow current rules and regulations on detecting council park areas..I asked if I could have that in writing and she said send me an email and I will respond with what I just told you on the phone..Now I was always under the impression that heritage listed areas were off limits.....I'm starting to get excited but havnt recived the email yet..Though I don't expect to get it till tomorrow :eek: :Y:

rules and regulations, specifically about metal detecting parks? Never heard of any! What council?

rocketaroo said:
rules and regulations, specifically about metal detecting parks? Never heard of any! What council?
Morton bay council has rules and regs regarding metal detecting council parks.(Ring them and they will tell you what they are)....quick reference..must not disturb people in the park..minimal to no damage to area...though it does also say no damage to park grounds....so I suppose its up to the council officers discrecion on whether you are damaging the area.ect..Other words you can metal detect any council owned area as long as you be sensible about it and don't dig nasty holes :Y:

Hi Guys hit that new spot a bit late this morning cause I've never been there and wanted to check it out in the daylight..
A lot of potential but its a huge area...Just started swinging like a madman to try n isolate an area..The ground was so hard in some areas I could hardly put my digger down more than an inch so will go back for a better go after some rain..Not many finds but an interesting place. :Y: Heres a few pics :Y:
1523665363_img_20180414_51784.jpg
1523665382_img_20180414_2622.jpg
1523665396_img_20180414_37538.jpg
1523665440_img_20180414_13598.jpg
until next hunt :Y:

Latest posts