You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Smoky bandit
09 September 2019 07:24 am

Hi mate
I have not heard of any restrictions on QLD beaches.
Moreton bay council and their local laws department are also unaware of any restrictions for beach hunting.. Here you do not need a fossicing permit unless you are in a GPA or using a pan or sluce on unoccupied land....
Use common sence when detecting parks.
If it's a manicured lawn, stay away .
Also don't carry a shovel , use a small had digger or screw driver and practice how to do recover the target with minimal damage to the grass.
Council doesn't mine you detecting , as long as you leave no sign of damage to the ground...
Best bet is go early like I do .
That way you never see anyone. thumbsup

No pain No gain..

1 user likes this post: Mackka

Patriot+1
09 September 2019 09:04 am

Cheers, and thanks for the advice.....as I say....a lot to learn.....I am so pleased after reading the posts in this thread about the Equinix 800....I feel like I have made a good decision.....there are a lot to choose from.?

1 user likes this post: Smoky bandit

Smoky bandit
09 September 2019 09:23 am

Patriot+1 wrote:

Cheers, and thanks for the advice.....as I say....a lot to learn.....I am so pleased after reading the posts in this thread about the Equinix 800....I feel like I have made a good decision.....there are a lot to choose from.?

Good decision.
The Nox 800 would be one of the top coin and relic machine on the market .....As good as the dues, and not far behind the CTX in my personal opinion.
Good luck out there hope you find heaps. thumbsup

No pain No gain..

silver
10 September 2019 04:59 am

Don't dig during droughts.... the 4D rule.
The grass doesn't ever recover properly , and even fill your holes back in on the beach... nothin worse than an ugly beach after someones dug open holes everywhere (tripping danger too).
And remember the first nation people everytime you dig into the ground (only remove new age things.... leave the ancient stuff where it was, as it's all important to someone through out time). smile

What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

2 users like this post: Smoky bandit, RM Outback

Smoky bandit
10 September 2019 07:03 am

silver wrote:

Don't dig during droughts.... the 4D rule.
The grass doesn't ever recover properly , and even fill your holes back in on the beach... nothin worse than an ugly beach after someones dug open holes everywhere (tripping danger too).
And remember the first nation people everytime you dig into the ground (only remove new age things.... leave the ancient stuff where it was, as it's all important to someone through out time). smile

Don't think you'll find any Aboriginal artifacts with a metal detector ol mate.. lol lol lol lol tongue tongue

No pain No gain..

2 users like this post: silver, Mackka

Patriot+1
10 September 2019 07:52 am

Thanks Silver, for the advice....like most things it comes back to common sense and respect.
Cheers.

silver
10 September 2019 02:24 pm

Yeah.... always a chance of an artifact as a consequence any time you dig a hole.
80000+ years here.....not long till we find out it's over a million years+ I'll bet tongue

What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

1 user likes this post: Smoky bandit

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site