exploration leases in NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi people

can anyone advise costs of applying for an exploration lease in NSW if its on your own property ?

it would be just a few acres of shallow excavation and running alluvium through a small trommel , water turbidity captured in sedimentation tanks and none going back in to groundwater , no heritage sensitivity , no environmental / fauna risks other than to earthworms and grass beetles, environmental remediation would be easy , cheap and bring it back to better than its current derelict condition.

anyone see prospects or would it just turn my hair grey and cost me a fortune in panadol ?

http://www.resources.nsw.gov.au/titles/further-help
Might be best to contact the NSW Resouces people as I think you would need an assessment or mining lease or mineral owners claim (if you can prove minerals on the land are privately owned by doing a land titles search).
Exploration leases only cover exploration activities like drilling, sampling etc. not actual mining processes. Costs - I reckon 10 grand minimum?
Could you just dig a dam or three then fossick through the waste :p
Does the property have a current EL covering it - that could also be a headache. If its an old mining area its a fair bet it does.

Edit: to get an assessment or mining lease you would also need a resource/reserve statement showing that the proposed resource has been explored & measured according to a code used on resource reporting (JORC)

mbasko said:
Might be best to contact the NSW Resouces people as I think you would need an assessment or mining lease or mineral owners claim (if you can prove minerals on the land are privately owned by doing a land titles search).
Exploration leases only cover exploration activities like drilling, sampling etc. not actual mining processes. Costs - I reckon 10 grand minimum?
Does the property have a current EL covering it - that could also be a headache. If its an old mining area its a fair bet it is.

Yes , checking for existing EL & ML is top of my list but I have only spent a few hours thinking about feasibility of the project so far , got a long long way to go yet before it holds up a banner saying " hey mister- viable project over here"

:D

Thanks for your thoughts. :)

mbasko said:
Does the property have a current EL covering it - that could also be a headache. If its an old mining area its a fair bet it does.

Edit: to get an assessment or mining lease you would also need a resource/reserve statement showing that the proposed resource has been explored & measured according to a code used on resource reporting (JORC)

thanks mbasko

the land in question had a group 1 application lodged march 2013

end of debate :|

Don,t be discouraged.
Are there historical workings in the immediate area? ie less than 1k away. has the company that has applied for the EL approached you for access to the area you wish to prospect? If not put down a few auger bores with a 4inch hand auger if possible and see what comes up before you go planning to put in an aquaculture complex ;) ;) :D

Jethro

Latest posts