Minelab Equinox VDI's / TID's

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks AM

Mapped them out in a left to right scale last night with age of coins separated - looks like mankind has the entire spectrum covered with junk and coins.

Thinking I will customise a quick-shoot programme to cover the old coin spectrums as a result.

Wally69 said:
Thanks AM

Mapped them out in a left to right scale last night with age of coins separated - looks like mankind has the entire spectrum covered with junk and coins.

Thinking I will customise a quick-shoot programme to cover the old coin spectrums as a result.

There is a video on the tube for changing the tones on the Nox .

Hi All Equinox uses

Im just wondering if some Australian Equinox uses could please
share there VDI Numbers and related Coins.
Just to help jump start new Equinox uses to help them know what numbers to lookout for.

Cheers

Here is a very small list I made a few weeks ago.Be good to see some other TID'S as well so we all get a general idea what is what.

1521458791_screenshot_2018-03-19_at_9.21.27_pm.jpg

Wrecka67 said:

Thanks Wrecka67

So from your experience with the machine so far theres a bit of variation then on the numbers for some coins more then others?.
I wondered if they would be pretty much spot on with VDI numbers or perhaps was hoping they might be but obviously there are things that will make these variate a little,things like ground minerals, junk very close to the coin laying in the ground or the position the the coin is laying!.
Itll be interesting to see how these VDI numbers vary in different modes or frequency!.

Cheers

dirtdiggin said:
Wrecka67 said:

Thanks Wrecka67

So from your experience with the machine so far theres a bit of variation then on the numbers for some coins more then others?.
I wondered if they would be pretty much spot on with VDI numbers or perhaps was hoping they might be but obviously there are things that will make these variate a little,things like ground minerals, junk very close to the coin laying in the ground or the position the the coin is laying!.
Itll be interesting to see how these VDI numbers vary in different modes or frequency!.

Cheers

Thats not my personal list old mate , just one i was sent from another Aussie on a FB Group

Hi Wrecka67

Ok no problems mate.
Well thanks for sharing anyway.
How accurate have you Personally found that chart?.

The one I posted above with just the normal decimal coins seems to be very accurate, I have been coin shooting a fair bit lately and they seem spot on. I also noted that if the 1 and 2 dollars values (21-22) jump to "23" there nearly always aluminium screw caps, found a 1948 penny today its vdi was a solid 24-25. The VDI values are the same in (Park-1---Field-1) Multi-Freq.

cheers

Latest posts