Minelab Equinox VDI's / TID's

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tested the eq. Target IDs as follows so far

$2 coin Nox ID 21
$1 coin Nox ID 21/22
50cent piece ID 17
20cent Nox ID 16
10cent Nox 1D 13
5 cent. Nox. ID 10

47 florin Nox ID 26
51 6 pence ID 19/20

9k gold ring Nox ID 15
18k gold ring Nox ID 15

Silver ring, wide band ID 30
Silver ring , thin band ID 24

Platinum ring NOX ID 29

22 karat fine gold chain 4-7 jumpy
Fine silver chain 8-12 jumpy

Light weight , nice sound on good targets , depth indicator seems accurate , long life battery , no problems picking up targets in the water and shifting from water , wet sand to dry sand . Fast recovery . Overall a very enjoyable machine.

Great work Danny, appreciated by many i bet!

Personally I'd love to see where the different types of all pre decimals come in, and common trash like Bottle tops and pull tabs

For my new Machine I'm tossing up between this and the 3030, 3030 seems much more Complex though so I'm hoping the 'nox is a solid performer

:Y:

Danny13 said:
Tested the eq. Target IDs as follows so far

$2 coin Nox ID 21
$1 coin Nox ID 21/22
50cent piece ID 17
20cent Nox ID 16
10cent Nox 1D 13
5 cent. Nox. ID 10

47 florin Nox ID 26
51 6 pence ID 19/20

9k gold ring Nox ID 15
18k gold ring Nox ID 15

Silver ring, wide band ID 30
Silver ring , thin band ID 24

Platinum ring NOX ID 29

22 karat fine gold chain 4-7 jumpy
Fine silver chain 8-12 jumpy

Light weight , nice sound on good targets , depth indicator seems accurate , long life battery , no problems picking up targets in the water and shifting from water , wet sand to dry sand . Fast recovery . Overall a very enjoyable machine.
Update on the goldie VID numbers

1 and 2 dollar coins came in at 22 to 23 solid in beach modes 1 and 2.

Trash Nox ID numbers as follow

Pull tabs Nox ID 14 ( suspect that would vary)
Beer tops Nox ID 8 to 20 , the rustier the closer
to 8 but primarily 14/15
Foil Nox IDs from 1 -20 mostly on the lower spectrum.
Bottle tops between 21 and 24
Aluminium candle holder Nox ID 18

Nox is capable of picking up small bits of mettle
At depth . Have not played around with advanced settings at yet
1518957080_c7eafd11-e1a0-417f-8f00-be158defed93.jpg
tonights beach test

the 3030 is only as complicated as you want to make it suprisingly its actually quite simple to use
DetectingSA said:

Personally I'd love to see where the different types of all pre decimals come in, and common trash like Bottle tops and pull tabs

For my new Machine I'm tossing up between this and the 3030, 3030 seems much more Complex though so I'm hoping the 'nox is a solid performer

Heatho said:
Onya Dan, I was impressed with it having a detect this arvo at Manly with Wally. :Y:

Promising tecta - as users get to know it better, probably start to see its full capability. Is it a ctx killer I don't know - i would say it would be a very good backup.

Danny

flyrodder said:
the 3030 is only as complicated as you want to make it suprisingly its actually quite simple to use
DetectingSA said:

Hi Flyrodder,

The ctx is a great machine - the nox seems pretty capable so far . The difference at the moment is the ctx is a proven and very capable detector - we need to see more reports come in from everyday users before we know where the Nox sits in terms of capability.

Kind Regards

Dan

G'day team. I have had a few inquiries about the TID numbers for the Equinox. If anyone has a starting point for Australian coins and conditions that we could share with other Equinox users that would be great. Any info on Aussie coins and the numbers they ring up will be helpful in creating a list for the Equinox users. I do not own one but trying to gather info on this new detector to share with others. PEACE

Great thread. I had a play with one last friday for a bit in the workshop and am waiting for mine to show up. Hope just like the gm was this new addition will be a great low cost wet to dry relic chaser. Great info thanks for sharing your numbers Danny13

Latest posts