Nena Finds (The Netherlands)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just bougth a new metal detector en went into the woods and guess what... It isnt save here in the woods lol. This wood is always being used for testing detector young and old. lol But they dont know about this and i hope they wont test this side of the woods :p By the way, its not the first one i found there but a lot more. Every wood here in the Netherlands were Germans in it. So you can expect alway's these kind of finds. But the most searchers wont go off the roads. So they are pretty save. Burried diep again and soon im going to test some more and hoping on what better finds.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4vbNpeOBWI[/video]

Greets,

Nena

Ya, its something else than the Deus but i like this detector, 1.6 meters deep on a helmet! This is my first test with the detector and i like the way how its working. Its a pulse induction detector but not for small things. The items must be atleast +/- 8 cm long. Im just hoping that i need to dig some deep holes with something nice in it but ya i know these kind of things will be found two. The last time i went there i did found a british handgranate. So the next few times im going to search is with the pulse induction but when its getting summer ill go back to the fields for coins and others. By the way theres one field i want to search with the deepseeker and thats the one where i found the bronze age axe.

Today i went to a little forest nearby my home town and did find some finds, nothing special but there were so many signals that i just digged a hole or 5 but then i starting to find some German things! Im getting back there today i think and hoping i can find anything more. I also have permission to hunt in the garden of a millionaire and looked there and everywhere i looked there were remains of german buildings! I may search in that garden but not today. Hopfully next time!

2018-03-31-PHOTO-00000007.jpg

2018-03-31-PHOTO-00000008.jpg

A German aluminium food can.

Greetings,

Christian

Hello Again,

Went back today, but theres so mutch in that forest... and loads of junk also. But found the trash dumps from the work camp and there is comming things out that is a bit suspisches. I think im now finding things from the Moluccan and from the Jews and Germans. The camp was used for deport Jews and later Germans were kept in the kamp and after the war in +/- 1950's the Moluccans were dropped there. There is also a story going around from that place that some Jews have hidden there treasures in the woods where im searching and never found again. But also got permission to go in the other part of the woods but i think if it is true it would be on the camp self. The Germans wouldnt let any one out of the camp so if its still there it will be on the camp side itself. Here are some finds of today's hunt. But didnt take much with me today. Only the flasks and some other small things. And i searched only for an hour or two.

IMG_4865.JPG

IMG_4866.JPG

IMG_4867.JPG

IMG_4868.JPG

IMG_4869.JPG

IMG_4870.JPG

IMG_4871.JPG

IMG_4872.JPG

IMG_4873.JPG

IMG_4874.JPG

IMG_4875.JPG

IMG_4876.JPG

Greetings,

Christian

Hello Nena,
Good to see some finds unearthed from another country, hunting on a WW11 POW camp awesome, thanks for sharing your story so far. :Y:

Cheers
Kev

Hi Nena, looks like an interesting area to hunt

Don't loose your marbles :lol: saw some faceted marbles the other day, they were very nice looking as the centre of the cut stone showed a swirl of colour. :Y:

Today i went back to the camp location and found a new dump site on the camp! I also found some nice pottery from the camp (1944) with the text N.A.D (Niederlandische Arbeits Dienst) Dutch labor service!!! This was a service from the Germans! I digged out one meter and about 60cm deep. What a day! But with nice finds. Also a Germin Clip for the munition. Several flasks and some other things. Searched for about 6 hours today! Again tomorro!! :p

IMG_4923.JPG

IMG_4924.JPG

IMG_4925.JPG

IMG_4927.JPG

IMG_4931.JPG

IMG_4934.JPG

IMG_4936.JPG

IMG_4938.JPG

IMG_4940.JPG

IMG_4941.JPG

IMG_4946.JPG

IMG_4947.JPG

IMG_4948.JPG

Enjoy the photo's!

Christian

Gilly47 said:
nice finds, there is a story there
Someone got shot for cheating at marbles :D

But yep... more to dig up for sure... we're all watching in anticipation 8)

I did search today and made some photos on location but its to late here to put them online today! But i managed to put three cups back together but non with the NAD logo. Mayby im going to dig tomorrow again. Mayby! Be right back soon!!!

Went today back to the camp side and digged again 2 square meter also yesterday i did 2 square meter, and the finds are still comming!!! Today i found a complete cup and found a other piece that fits to another cup! So i have now 5 complete cups and one dish. Only two are with a NAD logo. It says: Ick Dien what means I Serve. I also found a hand gun clip not yet shure what type but i think its from a .22 cal. Also found some silver but only a small piece. Hoping to get some more cups complete! I found a complete scul from a animal but i broke it, hehehe, i keep finding bones in the holes. They sertenly eat well in those camps! Ill keep you up to date!!!

Enjoy the Photo's!

Christian

IMG_4970.JPG

IMG_4971.JPG

IMG_4973.JPG

IMG_4976.JPG

IMG_4977.JPG

IMG_4980.JPG

IMG_4981.JPG

IMG_4982.JPG

IMG_4983.JPG

IMG_4986.JPG

IMG_4990.JPG

IMG_4991.JPG

IMG_4993.JPG

IMG_4994.JPG

IMG_4996.JPG

IMG_4998.JPG

IMG_4999.JPG

IMG_5001.JPG

Hello,

Went back for a to the location for several times and almost done 20 square meter now but yesterday i found an old post card, how strange can that be :) i must amid that i already found some paper. But this was something new for me! The ground is clean dry/wet wood ground and preserves verry good but never found a postcard lol. When i unfolded it it was stamped with 1942!! I also found i sort of a coin from clay from W.H.N Amsterdam. This was the organisation Winter Help Netherlands. Also the wrong dutch people in the war. The hole is almost emty but i'fe managed to get almost 20 cups back to gether, 5 without logo. Still need to dig there, but the finds are getting less and less so i think the hole is almost done. Then we go to the next! :) Here are some photo's of last time hunt!

IMG_5040.JPG

IMG_5041.JPG

IMG_5051.JPG

IMG_5052.JPG

IMG_5053.JPG

IMG_5054.JPG

IMG_5055.JPG

IMG_5057.JPG

IMG_5058.JPG

IMG_5060.JPG

IMG_5062.JPG

IMG_5063.JPG

Greets,

Christian

Please be careful when you find ammo or grenades etc. They are very dangerous to handle.Otherwise great finds. Love the cups. The one with the tree pronged emblem is almost certainly Nazi in origin.

Latest posts