Minelab Equinox 800 or 600 FINDS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ripper find there Mr T, that would have put a smile on your face.
Cheers, SinHof.

Awesome guys getting my NOx Monday I've always used Garretts (6years in the hobby)hoping the change isn't to complicated

WTFFFFFFF :eek:

Yes I am 100% jealous and I am not ashamed to admit it 8.(

A 1/2oz of 24 carrots,that is a lot of well carrots :party:

We all ready have this months find Of The Month winner,congratulations :party:

Way too good :Y:

P.S. I also have the Equinox 600,do you want to swap :lol:

hi guys, went out for a swing today and thought i`d share my spoils with you.
not in the same league as others but still treasure to me.
only one coin a 1940 ha`penny, must of gone a round or 30 with a lawn mower. the squashed ali can has the word ovaltine on it, never seen one before.
it`s great to dig holes

1533974184_20180811_153132_2_-_copy.jpg

and hopefully fill them in 8)

Don't worry about the quality of your finds,that makes it sweeter when you find the really good stuff :party:

Good luck :Y:

Mr T said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2683/1533959902_coins_gold.jpg

Nox 600 Bought for me by my lovely Family for my Birthday

2nd Hit out getting used to it this morning

Standard Settings for Beach 1 Just Tweaked the threshold a bit (as i am used to hearing a slight threshold)

a few coins started appearing

About half way into the hunt a nice signal that was different from the coin signals (Was digging all signals just see what turned up)

and whoa out came the bracelet from the wet sand close to the waters edge in the swash as i call it its a large bracelet more like a mans one not much of a safety clip just a hook

15grm 24ct ASIANhttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2683/1533960675_gold.jpg gold what a way to start the weekend :)
Cheers mark

What is this 24ct business????

Today I didnt dig any nails but I dug up about 20 bottle tops and couldnt bring myself to not dig them just incase. Even when I dug up a ring the signal it was giving I thought it trash.

spoon said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
Did you find nails with an Equinox?

everything with an 800 :cool:
I've found quite a few old square nails with my nox, in field mode 2 they usually come up as 15-17. I normally run in all metal on historical sites and the smaller iron gives a ferrous tone but anything solid will give higher tones.

spoon said:
hi guys, went out for a swing today and thought i`d share my spoils with you.
not in the same league as others but still treasure to me.
only one coin a 1940 ha`penny, must of gone a round or 30 with a lawn mower. the squashed ali can has the word ovaltine on it, never seen one before.
it`s great to dig holes

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...12696/1533974184_20180811_153132_2_-_copy.jpg
Nice one, love the old cars and spoon found the spoons! Maybe try changing your name to monster nugget!

Thanks guys for your comments

Always good to Bless a new Machine

about six to eight inches down any machine I am sure would have found it if it was suitable for the wet
it just so happened to be new NOX
Beach was flat but the wet sand was Hard as concrete

Complete surprise to me as well I did have a bloody great smile on my face expecting someone to come rushing down
to say did you Find It ??? ,But Looked around apart from A couple of dog walkers no body else was around
Just started close to the water and was working slowly parallel along the waters edge stopping turning around
and working back again started to find a small coin line Then Gold Tide coming in and further into the dry not productive at all

Sandta said:
Mate, we all dig that exact same stuff (unless cherry picking)
... usually just dont show it.
Dont worry ... the goodies will come :p
You cant find what isnt there ;)

Not sure what you mean. I am not after gold when I go looking for silver. :/ :/ :rolleyes:

In some session, I might only end up digging half a dozen targets. Unfortunately I do not get too much access to farm land or fields.
So cherry picking is both a must and an art.

Dave79 said:
spoon said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
Did you find nails with an Equinox?

everything with an 800 :cool:
I've found quite a few old square nails with my nox, in field mode 2 they usually come up as 15-17. I normally run in all metal on historical sites and the smaller iron gives a ferrous tone but anything solid will give higher tones.

In all metal mode you will miss targets. Just saying.

I use all metal only in some occasions to know what is under me. But I never run with all metal mode on as it will mask signals.

But I guess if you are after iron relics and stuff, which most are, then you have to. Might want to tweak iron bias for that I guess.

Latest posts