Minelab Equinox 800 or 600 FINDS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those $2.00 N.Z. spoilers :8

I always get them confused with an Australian $1.00 in the dark 8)

Better luck next time :Y:

The Scrounger said:
Those $2.00 N.Z. spoilers :8

I always get them confused with an Australian $1.00 in the dark 8)

Better luck next time :Y:

They are worth about the same right :p ;)

If I can get into some tasty pre dec. That will be worth my own thread, happy to just contribute here otherwise.

I havnt contributed to your thread since March so i'd like to send you some pics of the good stuff ive been finding since.
These have all been found at old school sites , church yards and a show ground
1531968639_20180408_164409.jpg

1531968639_20180409_131112.jpg

1531968639_20180410_125227.jpg

1531968640_20180507_171827.jpg

1531968640_20180604_074600.jpg

1531968640_20180618_103520.jpg

1531968640_20180625_072618.jpg

1531968640_20180702_080616.jpg

1531968640_20180716_070833.jpg

1531968640_20180716_070851.jpg

Yeah most of them came out of rock hard soil from dirt that hasnt had Fertiliser on it , some of those pics show the coins after cleaning, i clean the Pennies with Andre's Pencils and the silver with a bicarb paste.

Great looking coins. Hopefully there's one that old somewhere in Tassie that hasn't turned to green dust.

I drive on average around 300klm round trip to find these spots to detect , sometimes i question my sanity as to why im out doing it and i always realize it's for the fresh air , exercise and wind down i get out of it , the finds are just a cherry on top and ive not had a search yet where ive totally bombed out.

Smoky bandit said:
Geez you blokes are keen..I couldn't bring myself to travel more than 50k in 1 day....To many lost hours driving.But would be an interesting road / camping trip :Y:
Lately i have been getting up around 5am so i can be at my Search place just after sunup , even earlier in Summer so i can get it done before the heat gets unbearable.

hAyyoUinAU said:
AussieChris said:
A few spendys from this arvo, but alas a casualty 8.( I really liked that trowel for comfort too, straight handle ones leave me with bruises lol. I had a think of where I got it from thinking I'd just call into Bunnings and grab another....then had a sulk remembering I got it from Masters. I think the earring is just costume jewelry, no markings on it so dunno? Might have to invest in some better diggers, wish the blackADA stuff from the UK was available here.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4915/1531647267_sun15jul.jpg

I have used this for a while now and it will not break. Perfect tool.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/10637/1531657011_413mgqotp8l._sx466_.jpg

And for areas where you can go deep, this is a standout. Has to come from the US, but well worth the small wait. About 1 week. Tested and proven.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/10637/1531657087_piranha3_2048x2048.jpg

Here is a link to the Piranha Shovel from Predator Tools US.

https://au-predatortools.glopalstor...tortools.com&utm_medium=pr&utm_campaign=en_US

Hope this helps
I bought one off them and ordered the wrong one, still a nice digger just not as wide in the blade as yours , here's the one i ended up with.
https://au-predatortools.glopalstor...ols.com&utm_medium=wi_proxy&utm_content=en_US
1532042385_unnamed_1_2048x2048.jpg

Wrecka67 said:
Smoky bandit said:
Geez you blokes are keen..I couldn't bring myself to travel more than 50k in 1 day....To many lost hours driving.But would be an interesting road / camping trip :Y:
Lately i have been getting up around 5am so i can be at my Search place just after sunup , even earlier in Summer so i can get it done before the heat gets unbearable.
Best time mate.. I'm usually detecting bu 330 am :Y:

Wrecka67 said:
I drive on average around 300klm round trip to find these spots to detect , sometimes i question my sanity as to why im out doing it and i always realize it's for the fresh air , exercise and wind down i get out of it , the finds are just a cherry on top and ive not had a search yet where ive totally bombed out.

Indeed. Research is key.

Wrecka67 said:

Yeah true it is not paying off but if hobby becomes like Job then it is not fun any more. I used to get very upset/unhappy if I did not find anything but now I stop and and look up and enjoy the scenery. I change my attitude since I watched youtube and this guy is just simply enjoying getting out. He has got a best detector setting yet finding pull tubs and bottle tops only~!~! I asked him why, he said He just love doing and enjoy even he does not find anything good.

I am enjoying getting up early and swing hard loose weight?!?!? :D :D :D :D

P.S. The one of English coin from 18xx.... Is that gold????? 8) 8) 8)

caparobertsan said:
Wrecka67 said:

Yeah true it is not paying off but if hobby becomes like Job then it is not fun any more. I used to get very upset/unhappy if I did not find anything but now I stop and and look up and enjoy the scenery. I change my attitude since I watched youtube and this guy is just simply enjoying getting out. He has got a best detector setting yet finding pull tubs and bottle tops only~!~! I asked him why, he said He just love doing and enjoy even he does not find anything good.

I am enjoying getting up early and swing hard loose weight?!?!? :D :D :D :D

P.S. The one of English coin from 18xx.... Is that gold????? 8) 8) 8)

Not gold but some sort of gilte , was a double coin spill other coin was a bronze Penny Late 1800's , i found over a dozen coins in under an hour in a area no bigger that 4 x 4 , was after 3 weeks of constant downpour , seems the nox really loves showing the coins in wet ground.

Quick trip to a park this arvo while the missus had to see one of her old folk clients. She was only there 45 mins and came by the park after she was done for the day.
Decent haul in that amount of time, no pre decimals today though, I think they are few and far between down the end I was working. I must have dug 20+ ring pulls or bottle tops on top of this lot. I keep digging 16-17 in case of later thrips, but happy to take 20c/50c as well. Stayed clear of canslaw today so that was a bonus.

1532339407_23jul18qep.jpg

These guys were from yesterday along with a good handful of spendables, these 3 came all out of the same hole funny enough, top one being a 46 roo, but George was the better side, the roo has a bit of verdigris. Small mark on the 21 was not from me, I have only been digging with a $3.48 Fiskars nyglass transplanter trowel, harder to sink but it's not going to tear a coin up. Might have to add a couple of teaspoons of cement to my morning coffee as I have been getting big bruises in the palms of my hands. Pretty happy with their condition out of the ground, much dryer lighter soil. There would be nothing left of them if they came from where the 20c above were found, black wet topsoil. They come out looking like coppers.

1532340842_22jul18qep.jpg

Those pennies are super sharp to me :party: and very nice toning.

And those spendables in the first photo have been in the ground a while waiting for you also.

Top hunt :Y:

Latest posts